Author Topic: Low Bleed, HO Plastisol for PFP  (Read 5488 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Low Bleed, HO Plastisol for PFP
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
I  think we've split this up into two camps of ink: 

Low bleed - for blends, etc.

Poly - for 100% poly that needs low cure temp, additional stretch properties and big time dye blocking.

For us poly is easy- WFX performance all the way.  I think it really is as good as it gets for poly ink.

What I would love to see is WFX make a series of "Quick" spot colors and/or a "Quick" base.  I have no idea if it's possible to formulate other colors than white with the quick recipe but man, Epic Quick White is the easiest ink to print in the whole shop.  Super consistent and works great every time on everything we print it on.  I think the ability to get spots with quick's characteristics would be the end all for a regular low bleed series of plastisol inks.  They would cost too much for most shops but I'd buy 'em for sure.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
Lancer/Excalibur has low bleed colors and I've tried the red on 100% poly black shirts and it did ok.  Not as good as I'd hoped but it held up enough.  It is specifically made for this type of printing and I thought it would do better than it did but the customer was happy with them but probably because I warned them and tried to sway them in a different direction.  Their logo is so small there is no way we can underbase it with a poly white so it's print the red, flash, red again.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 03:06:16 PM »
How about low bleed high opacity colors? It looks like QCM is the only one with such an animal in a variety of colors. Or are there any others?

Other ink manufacturers do offer HOLB colors as well.  Wilflex has the TOP SCORE colors.  We have all those in inventory in Atlanta.  Union makes a line of LB colors as well - I think they call it Poly Athletic or something.

Most tee printers use low bleed underbases and standard colors on top.  The need for BR colors really is for manual numbering printers where there is not way to underbase.

Rob
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »
Xenon mustang anyone try that? I just saw an ad for it online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »
Xenon horse anyone try that? I just saw an ad for it online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brad (MK162) and I did some testing with this.  Cures at 258 degrees and is safe on bleeding up to 320 degrees.  I would recommend setting your dryer for around 260 degree cure.  It is a gloss finish but can be made matte if so desired.  It has its own reducer as well.  Call me for a price.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline jamiejam62

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
We just found out today that Wilflex Epic Top Score low bleed ink is the best I have and the easiest low bleed ink I have ever used in my 30 years of printing. Great opacity, absolutly no bleed, great stretch, very easy to use. I highly recommend it

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
We just found out today that Wilflex Epic Top Score low bleed ink is the best I have and the easiest low bleed ink I have ever used in my 30 years of printing. Great opacity, absolutly no bleed, great stretch, very easy to use. I highly recommend it

What is the difference between this one and Quick White? Characteristics wise?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »

What is the difference between this one and Quick White? Characteristics wise?

Top a Score is a complete LB line - colors and white.  They are designed for 100% polyester fabrics.  Very bleed resistant.

Quick white is a good BR white for 50/50 blends, but NOT 100% poly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
Just tried some QCM XOLB purple on some black 50/50 tees and hoodies and was quite pleased for a pfp on a 110 mesh coated 3/1. And for only about $42 a gallon I think we have a winner.