Author Topic: Help with a Xante Screenwriter 4..  (Read 7864 times)

Offline jelbert

Re: Help with a Xante Screenwriter 4..
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone here still have the sheet on how to change the auto config number in the printer to be the same as the operating system?

Offline jelbert

Re: Help with a Xante Screenwriter 4..
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
I have acquired the information I needed thanks to Rick. I'll post the information here, in case anyone is looking for the fix.

Basically, for Windows 7 installation, you will need to first verify whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit OS; once you determine this, you'll need to first load the 32 bit driver, if you OS is 64 bit, you will then need to unzip the 64 bit driver and place those files in the same folder as the 32 bit driver. Make sure that you place the 64 bit drivers in there. There may be several other files in that folder, it might also ask you if you want to replace one of the files, click yes. You might also get an error message asking if the program installed correctly, it did.

Once the files are in the correct location, find your devices and printers and add a new printer. Go through the steps to add the printer as a local printer. Windows 7 does not support parallel port printing so you will need to choose either USB or IP printing. USB is self explanatory, if using IP printing, choose create a new port/TCP IP port. It will then ask you to type in the IP address. Once it is typed in it will detect the IP port, make sure the printer is turned on. Next you will see a window saying "additional port information required", under device type, choose custom/settings. Choose LPR for your protocol, name the queue name for LPR settings (i.e. AW4) and make sure that LPR bite counting is enabled. Click OK/next. The next window that you will see says install printer driver, click on the "have disk" option and type in C:\Xante_dr in the window. Click browse  and locate the folder containing the print drivers for your printer. Highlight the files and you should see this path show up in the window, hit OK  and next. The print driver should pop up in the printers box, highlight and choose next. The next screen allows you to rename the printer, you can leave as is or change to something else. Choose next, it might say that the publisher could not be verified, choose install this driver anyway, it will now install. The next window will ask if you want to share the printer, you do not want to share it. The next window asks if you want to make this your default printer, that is up to you. Also choose print a test page to make sure you've establilshed contact with the printer. Click finish and you should be up and running!