Author Topic: A dear friend of the board lost a family member today.  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Nick Bane

Re: A dear friend of the board lost a family member today.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
so sorry to hear of the loss, and the losses of all the others in this thread, i too know the pain.  Have a house full of rescued dogs and cats as well, they are family and the loss hurts just as much.  but also very happy to see the great lives so many in here have and had also, very awesome.  Dogs are just awesome.  And while we are at it, do the same kind of research on your dogs food as we do with our printing techniques and learn whats really in what you are feeding your "family".  Raw is the way to go!

;D Big smile for all the greats pups in here.  If they arent with you anymore, they are having the time of their lives waiting to see you again soon!
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »
Just lost two recently, about a month apart.

No fun.

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that. At least they are in dog heaven where there are endless bones and treats!
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
Very sorry for your loss. Our baby girl black lab turns 11 next month and she is slowing down. Trying to get mentally prepared. Hang in there!

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
Her name was Daisy! Born in San Diego almost 6 years ago. She put up a good fight for the last couple of
months, but had to decide to let her go at 10am this morning. Tough! She gave it her all,
Left too soon, as I still had so, so much more to learn. She was a great teacher and friend. She traveled in and out of screen print shops coast to coast, and even a few borders. She was welcomed by all. What a blessing! And although I am a great animal lover, it helps to keep things in perspective, as there are many among us who on a daily basis have to deal with loss ,and medical issues with our loved ones that sometimes are unbearable. I than
God for the time I had with my little four legged friend!
winston

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »
reading these responses makes me understand why maybe we all pretty much get along here, despite our differences on assorted topics. If you can't feel the loss of a pet, you can't feel anything. My wife and I are petless right now, but as soon as she wants, we'll have another.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Yep... My two cats at home are rounding that corner... It's gonna be tough, one of them recently plumped up which makes me think he turned a corner for sure.

Also sadly with the baby around its been harder to give them attention we used to. :(

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
Brandon, put your lab on glucosamine condroitin...the human version, not the pet version.  We did it with our lab and it really helped him a ton.  We would just put it in his food every morning.

Offline virgil427

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
 as there are many among us who on a daily basis have to deal with loss ,and medical issues with our loved ones that sometimes are unbearable. I than
God for the time I had with my little four legged friend!
winston

[/quote]
I've been avoiding this thread because my little buddy isn't doing well. Winston I'm truly sorry about your lose, Virgil has been by my side for 13 years now, his loyality is so deep that if anyone else told him what too do he would look at me to see if it was alright, until my wife got sick then he would just lay beside the bed with her, he would refuse to come outside for our walks on her bad days. He has helped me threw alot of bad times.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 10:09:15 PM »
Thanks Virgil and to others as well.
Prayers for your wife and faithful companion.
A beautiful picture!
winston