Author Topic: Neenah 3G Opaque Inkjet  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Neenah 3G Opaque Inkjet
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Okay, I'm new to this particular material. I have never done much with opaque papers period, except for 3G's predecessor, Jet Opaque.
I found Jet Opaque fairly 'patchy" feeling, but damned if it wasn't opaque compared to this 3G.
Though probably acceptable by most folks' standards, to me, 3G looks a little like one hit white that should have been p-f-p.

Heavy pressure, 350, 30 seconds. Have any of you altered any of these for improved results?

Neenah calls for "spare piece of material" over the silicone paper sheet, Coastal doesn't in their version of the instructions. What do use? T'shirt cloth?

Doesn't it just reduce the heat a bit if it does help at all?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Neenah 3G Opaque Inkjet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:49:59 PM »
Is this on 50/50's?

We don't have issues... Granted nothing to compare to, but white is white is white right?

I have a crappy picture on this board somewhere of a cool 3G we cad cut and put inside some vinyl... Fit right in and it had white in the design.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »
black cotton, and no, white is not white. It is not as white, for instance, as the vinyls and polyurethane films I use.
My screen printer's  eye can see the black through it, (while not with the Jet Opaque).

On the other hand, adding the extra covering of fabric helped, but as I said before, to me, that is mostly lowering the temp a bit.

My wife gave it her approval, so I'm probably good to go, but just saying that I do see a difference.

I haven't talked to my Neenah man yet, but I suspect that this stuff's lesser opacity is a trade-off for a thinner more supple end product.

Do you use a cloth cover sheet over the paper cover sheet?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:16:57 PM »
I'll have to see if I can find a sample tomorrow.  Now I'm not saying I'm right... Just saying I'll see what I find.

We don't do anything but Teflon.