Author Topic: Could someone uncompress an ai file for me????  (Read 6095 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Could someone uncompress an ai file for me????
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
Gerry did invest in his company.

And then the trucking company destroyed it.

Chit happens.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »
hey Frog..there are a ton of people here who will tell you I help out but at least once a week or every two weeks Gerry is here asking for the same thing....come on.  this is what I was talking about on the M&R world record post.  invest in your company.

just do it!

Like I said, we should all know when we reach that tipping point.

Another solution that some seem too bashful or embarrassed to try is to ask the client or artist for a file tailored to our requirements.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
so EB...are you saying he didn't invest very well since one company took down another?  he should have separated the two so things like that NEVER happen.  just like people who put up their homes against the business - not a smart move!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
I'm afraid I don't follow.

Pretty sure that if the Queen of England shipped me a freaking teacup
and the freight co. broke it I'd be in the same boat?

I'm unaware of any manufacturer that ships using their own trucks and drivers?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »
Sam's head is too far in the wrong place to follow.  He is thinking about Gerry's attempt to diversify into the paint business.  He's not talking about the part where Gerry bought an M&R press and the freight company wrecked it.

Whoops, hey, even the best fail. Right Sam?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
yeah...you are talking about him going into the trucking business.  am I wrong?  or are you talking about the trucking company ruining his press?  and even if so what does that have to do with him buying a program?

sam

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
I'm afraid I don't follow.

Pretty sure that if the Queen of England shipped me a freaking teacup
and the freight co. broke it I'd be in the same boat?

SPIT MY COFFEE...hilarious...

just sayin but...I know a guy who knows a guy that has a van that knows another guy with illy for umm...cheap...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline dlac

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
If anyone thinks they are going to Heaven for helping another screenprinter I am afraid I have some inside info and it's not going to happen.. I personally am doing a lot of animal rescue work think I have a better chance
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
Although I strongly believe that that the decency and humanity of a society can be judged by their general attitude towards and treatment of animals, I also feel that those who feel joy in helping others with no expectation of other reward are truly blessed.
A society with both attributes will thrive.

I fear that we are on the way down like others before us throughout history.

Oh well, we all do what we can.

btw, we're picking up our new rescue boy next week. Seven months without a dog is enough.
Pictures to follow in an appropriate thread.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 10:34:42 AM »
If anyone thinks they are going to Heaven for helping another screenprinter I am afraid I have some inside info and it's not going to happen.. I personally am doing a lot of animal rescue work think I have a better chance
dlac

Dlac, Thank you so much for your ministry. Try having a sense of humor. First, I'm nice to everyone, and help everyone I can, not that I have to verify it to you. Secondly, did you miss when Jesus told us not to make a show of our religion? Stop bragging, just do the work and go on your way without expecting accolades. Now that I have that out of my system, have a great 4th, and God bless.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »
dude  50 bucks a month...if you cannot afford that well then....

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
Yeah $50 bucks a month makes a difference. Over the past few months my overhead increased over 100% by moving into this building that was meant to house 2 businesses, got ripped off for 10k, bought a press that the trucking co destroyed so im out over 8k, took my brother off the streets and supporting him, got kicked out of our condo cause the owner was selling it so had to move into a new house on short notice and pay a little more per month. Lets see what else.... That's all ill share at the moment...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »
dude  50 bucks a month...if you cannot afford that well then....

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

I can
t speak for Gerry, but though I also need Illy help on occasion, I very much doubt that it would return my investment of $600 in a year. (of course, I tend to do smaller runs than many here)

I  often also find myself walking aspiring digital Da Vinci's through the process of giving me usable files, by explaining the "Convert Text to Outlines" and the compression default (not so much with CorelDRAW X6 any more)

What I'll never seem to lick is the way that nothing ever seems grouped as real objects, but rather sometimes hundreds of tiny slivers!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Yeah $50 bucks a month makes a difference. Over the past few months my overhead increased over 100% by moving into this building that was meant to house 2 businesses, got ripped off for 10k, bought a press that the trucking co destroyed so im out over 8k, took my brother off the streets and supporting him, got kicked out of our condo cause the owner was selling it so had to move into a new house on short notice and pay a little more per month. Lets see what else.... That's all ill share at the moment...

Gerry never lay out your problems in an open forum like this, there will be some that will bash every decision you made and liberally tell you what you did wrong. Its pointless and sad, many of us have problems in life sometimes bad c=decisions sometimes bad luck, no need to give the sharks bait to belittle you.
"No man is an island"

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »
Mike

not trying to belittle...trying to show him he is losing more than 50 bucks a month by posting it here, waiting for a response, getting it, doing it ect.   if he had the program he would have been done in less time than it would have taken him to write this post and he could be on to something else that is MAKING HIM MONEY!  that is the key.  making money