Author Topic: Another white ink thread...  (Read 4603 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Another white ink thread...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »
nuwhite has a blowing agent, that's what turned me to quick.  I used nuwhite exclusively for years though.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
NuWhite is the way to go...yeah might be pricing but like blue said...do you want to be printing or stirring ink and messing with it....down time is more expensive than any of my ink

sam

Which is a fortiori why I am confused why the superior or smooth ink hasn't been mentioned. No need to stir or fiddle with - optically brighter than the other white inks we've used (street fighter, union bright cotton and Rutland maximum plus)and sits flat and very opaque -  and cheaper than anything mentioned so far. Seemed like people tried it before and were going ga ga over it. We had great success with it, bu haven't tried the more expensive white inks mentioned on this thread.

Offline ole jobe

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
I have tried most of them and the Miami smooth is the best so far, and less expensive than most.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
Rutland non phthalate clairia series street fighter low bleed white, 200 bucks 5 gals, best white for us so far.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »
The best white I've ever used is Onestroke EJ Special White Auto.  It's expensive though.

For a more reasonable ink, Xenon is great, I find streetfighter to be so-so.  It's a little stringy for me.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »
Hey I forgot to mention one un-names so far. Nazdar sent me a gallon to test a few months back of Wilflex, Epic- Echo White. It was really nice. If we weren't happy with street fighter so far, or something changes, I think that would be the Wiflex white we would go to. We used to love quick, but every time we got a 5er something was always different about it. Maybe the distributor we bought it through since they have the whole bulk system and pour their own buckets and all but, the Echo white was nice. So far, I'm not seeing stringiness from SF, but who knows, next bucket might be different. So far it's very creamy, very opaque in one pass, great for under basing spot and sim. I often wonder if plastisols perform different for some of us because of our climates, like emulsions. Some of you guys are in very dry climates where like today, it's 80% humidity and 110 degrees in our shop. So maybe that has alot to do with how these inks act. Interesting to say the least right.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »
our new go-to for cotton is Wilflex Solar white. dirt cheap, 5 gal for 200.00.. Buffalo white was awesome, but in the winter it turned into cement, no matter what we did to it. Phoenix white is still here for blends and things, I still love phoenix but if I can get something cheaper that performs just as good, it has to be done. costs are constantly rising.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:16 PM »
i agree with sam, it's more expensive to have the press not running(or flashing slower) than it is to spend a little more on ink.  The cost per print is damn near negligable and if you can print an extra couple dozen an hour with a better ink, it actually will save you money

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
I got some Wilflex Gladiator that I have been testing, its pretty good and about 100 buck cheaper than quick.  But its not LB.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
I like the Miami smooth and superior for most things, but my favorite is Tidy from Rutland and then Wilflex Epic Sprint is really a close comparison to the Tidy white.  If I didn't get the Tidy for as cheap as I do then I'd be Miami smooth or superior all the way.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »
Does anyone have any specs on the Miami "dazzle" white? We sampled a 5 gal of it a few weeks back and meh.... Wasn't real happy with it at all, but my rep didn't know much about it.... Just curious if anyone knows what the dazzle from miami is?

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »
Never heard of the Dazzle.  Did you ever use the smooth or superior Danny?  It's certainly not near as good as the Tidy but for the price I think it's better than the SF.  Don't get me wrong, the SF is fantastic for the price but it doesn't have the opacity of the Miami superior or the smooth.  I wish the Tidy were a little longer bodied but it will perform at a much faster print speed than any other ink with the Epic Sprint coming in second.  Those two inks will print at 30"/sec where the SF and Miami inks will break down around 20"/sec.  I've done more "one hit whites" with the Tidy than any other ink by a mile, but I've sampled some Sprint recently and it is a high performance ink as well.  It takes a little more shear pressure than the Tidy but it still has opacity at high print speeds and does some nice one hit whites.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
Alan, I haven't tried the smooth or superior yet..... I told my supplier to bring some in and what ended up showing up was "dazzle" white....... It was the worst squeegee climber I've ever seen by a long shot....... Suppose I will give Miami a call in the am to see what the difference between the inks are but I'm 100% sure it was called dazzle white. Maybe someone will chime in.... We are currently back to printing our trusty quick white but the pricing is getting a bit old.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse