Author Topic: Business Cards  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Business Cards
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
Do you all even bother with putting a 1 in front of your toll free number on your business cards. I know 1-800 is kind of a "brand name" but 888 and others?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Business Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »
Nope, 866 here.

For awhile there people didn't know it was toll free.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
have 800 and 888 between phone and fax. both are in parenthesis and do not have the 1 in front.
(800) 123-4567

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
What is toll free? What is a land line? Cell phones are all toll free. You still pay mins calling a toll free number right? So what is the point. If people do have a land line they mostlikly have free long distance. Do you still pay for the call if its a cell phone or a call with free long distance? I don't see any point in having a Toll Free number.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:06 PM »
What is toll free? What is a land line? Cell phones are all toll free. You still pay mins calling a toll free number right? So what is the point. If people do have a land line they mostlikly have free long distance. Do you still pay for the call if its a cell phone or a call with free long distance? I don't see any point in having a Toll Free number.

business to business calls are not free if it's on a land line. We have 4 ppl answering the phones and I don't want business calls on my cell. Actually, I don't want to answer the phones period.

It is different when you are all alone, but as the number of ppl increases, the need for the land line increases too.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
a lot of business plans now come with free long distance as well.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:22:50 AM »

business to business calls are not free if it's on a land line. We have 4 ppl answering the phones and I don't want business calls on my cell. Actually, I don't want to answer the phones period.

It is different when you are all alone, but as the number of ppl increases, the need for the land line increases too.

pierre

My rant was not referring to us screen printers but our customers calls to a "toll free number". The amount of employees or how many people are answering phones does not matter on our end. There is no need for a toll free number. Not sure I follow you on the business to business calls not being free. Almost every big company I deal with contacts me by cell phone, even the big ones. Landline phone systems are able to use a business plan like Vonage or similar to get long distance and unlimited calls on outgoing lines for much less than a "landline". I have a client that I have been working with that does only business systems like that. They used to order shirts for every 1000 business customers they got. They stopped after about 10,000 businesses a years ago. The first order was for 24 shirts. The last order was for more than 200 shirts, one for each employee. Toll free numbers are going to be like fax numbers, yellow page ads and pagers soon.

If I call your toll free number from my cell phone do you pay per min for at call?