Author Topic: Hirsch Announces Officially @ TSPMB  (Read 5001 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hirsch Announces Officially @ TSPMB
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »
Is it me or is the M&R site dead?

I believe that though many love the gadgets and bells and whistles, they are also a little overwhelming and detract from ease of use. When we first began, our new members seemed to especially express that they like their forum lean.
Here, up to a point, we will try to
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:33:34 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »
Yep, Frog, sometimes less is more.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I agree. Simpler the better. The mobile version of this site is great!

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »
I still have a bad smell in my nose when visiting there... I mean, c'mon... Hirsch hired the schmuck to do a job... Hirsch has left a lot of stink in their wake. Some of their business practices are very questionable. I just do not like Hirsch, period.

Here we go ...again

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
It has more than a tone of stuff.  It has mega tons of old history. Some I'd rather leave behind..HA..  But I would hate for them to clean the history out and start over. I sure don't think they'd do that, but they may go back so many years and purge. I would like to just pay someone to copy all of my old post. I currently have 7578 post but that is after I had already put in another 5 or 6000 on it before they were hacked years back. I been on it since around 1996 or so.  That was around the time, CammandZ just graduated high school and entered into archeological school for the autistic...er, I mean Artistic. :)  and Frog still wore bell bottoms and a bandanna and tried to make tadpoles not war.

Anyone remember Darkmire?  He's actually living near me (or the last time I spoke to him he was). He was an art machine. I think  he retired. He was always good for some controversy, but not like that new kid Sick.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
Yea, if someone could just hack that place and make sure the archives are saved & safe, I wouldn't care if it all went *poof* after.

Robert a.k.a. Darkmir hung up his mouse in favor of a guitar and is making music professionally (as of a year or so ago).  Many a late night in the old chat spent with that guy....... among others :)
Here we go ...again

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 05:21:39 PM »
I look at it this way. This is home now.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »
I saved all of the tips articles from there just as the site was taking a turn for the worst.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »
I hate the format, and I really don't care for Hirsch at all.  I suppose it's easy for people to not hold Hirsch responsible for any of the crap that happened over there, but the way I see it...they let it happen so I think they are as responsible as anyone.  I tried and hoped like hell that spof would become everything and then some to what tspmd was in it's hayday, but that didn't pan out very well.

I really hope that this forum will take the place of the future I thought spof had, and it becomes the central hub of screen printing knowledge sharing.  It already has a base of members who's knowledge far outweighs any other forum today, and some of the guys who post occasionally are such a wealth of knowledge that I'm in awe when they speak to us little guys.

I'm actually quite selfish when it comes to what and where screen printing knowledge is shared.  I'd like for it all to be in one or two locations from here on out, and right here would suit me just fine.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:57 PM »
I look at it this way. This is home now.

AWE. :'( :'(   BIG HUGS BACK!!  ;D
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »
I learned a lot and made good friends, but I came to that site to network and grow my business. As long as the 'Fraid-To-Talkabout-Him-One is banned there, I don't see a problem and my greedy capitalist side has no problem using that resource as long as it helps my business, no matter how I feel personally about who owns it.

The friendships I've made there endure on this site and Facebook.

Hey Dan, isn't Darkmir the guy who would show up occasionally on TSPMB all drunk or depressed and harass you and call you names? Or am I thinking of someone else.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:53 PM »
Hey Dan, isn't Darkmir the guy who would show up occasionally on TSPMB all drunk or depressed and harass you and call you names? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Oh no no no no no.  That was another guy. Darkmir was cool. I don't think he got along with Scott for some reason. I think he bad mouthed his FastFilms or something early on and was kicked out and back in and kicked out again. He was a good guy.

The one you are referring to is another one of those (that shall go unnamed) openly for fear of retribution. He would go after me and even call people up on the phone and trash talk them. He called my business phone at all hours of the night with threats. He's called and emailed threats to about 12 others on the old forums. He always registers under a totally different screen name every time. He pops in about 2 times a year there and gets canned after about 10-15 post. Luckily, he came back to TSPMB well after all the hoopglah or (you know who) would have let him run wild.  That guy just recently posted again about 3-5 weeks ago and someone cleaned up his doo doo post. He was loving that nobody was monitoring the boards so he could get away with what ever he wanted. It's a sad story he has. Lets just say he has all of the horrible issues you don't want to have. Forums are his way of letting loose. Kind of like someone else we all know.  It's such a small industry. I actually know of 4 different screen print shops that he's worked at and they've all parted way pretty quick. I freelance for some of them and they all tell me the same type of stories.

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
Yea, Darkmir knows his shiet and he was adamant about the way things "should" be done.... like a lot of us.
He taught me quite a few things I thought I knew... like a lot of you here have :) and others long gone have.  :(

Here we go ...again

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
I hate the format, and I really don't care for Hirsch at all.  I suppose it's easy for people to not hold Hirsch responsible for any of the crap that happened over there, but the way I see it...they let it happen so I think they are as responsible as anyone.  I tried and hoped like hell that spof would become everything and then some to what tspmd was in it's hayday, but that didn't pan out very well.

I really hope that this forum will take the place of the future I thought spof had, and it becomes the central hub of screen printing knowledge sharing.  It already has a base of members who's knowledge far outweighs any other forum today, and some of the guys who post occasionally are such a wealth of knowledge that I'm in awe when they speak to us little guys.

I'm actually quite selfish when it comes to what and where screen printing knowledge is shared.  I'd like for it all to be in one or two locations from here on out, and right here would suit me just fine.

Exactly and me too.
Here we go ...again