Author Topic: SO LONG  (Read 2989 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: SO LONG
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I always read your opinions and take them to heart more so than many others.  Best wishes either way.  You run a great shop.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
come on, he's not going anywhere -this place is like free beer, think he'd miss out? not a chance...I think Dave has the best secretary ever, "hold on let me see if he's in...not even a second later -nope he's in a meeting" haha... need me one of them...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
Wow. That sucks to see him go. What did I miss?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
homer...incorrect, I have the best secretary...here's the proof:

1. We're sleeping together. (it's cool, we're married)
2. One time, she told Sam I couldn't come to the phone because I was taking a dump(I actually wasn't).

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
Brad I sleep with my secretary too Ha Ha oh what fun...had a sales rep trying to get me for weeks and my wife kept putting her off until I answered the phone one day,  she said wow that gate keeper you got is tough ;D

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
Any good forum has a bit of controversy from time to time.

Controversy leads to debate,
Debate introduces new viewpoints,
New viewpoints lead to innovation and knowledge growth.

Aside from that forums get pretty boring if everyone sits around agreeing all the time. You usually don't have to look any further than the number of views controversial threads get to see how popular they are.

Yes it can be fatiguing at times, and get the blood boiling a bit, but I'd say this forum is well on the easy-going side of the norm for forums, there are some that you can get you a$$ handed to you for just being a newbie. Usually if it's getting to the point where you feel the need to take a break, it's best to quietly do that. Posting a goodbye thread makes a return awkward should you change your mind later.

Most forums will give you what you come looking for. Come expecting ar$eholes who argue everything, you'll likely find them. Come looking for good people sharing, and they are there too, it's just sometimes hard to see past the ar$eholes... Think of it like panning for gold, sometimes you have to sort through a lot of dirt to find those nuggets.

Sometimes just typing out a scathing reply and letting it sit unposted for a few minutes and then deleting it without ever posting it can exercise the nasties.

I hate to see knowledgeable, contributing members say they are leaving because of a bit of controversy, but I'd hate to see a forum where everyone sits around and agrees about everything even more.
Wishin' I was Fishin'