Author Topic: FCANON  (Read 2870 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: FCANON
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 01:29:53 PM »
...and the fights.  Remember the fights in the artist forums?  That was because we were allowed to get away with it. No parents or teachers on the playground.

That often became such a drama place and I admittedly was a part of it. Sheesh :-[ .  I was in many of them... unintentionally, but somehow, I was weak enough to let things get at me.

I still am capable of letting someone get under my skin, but I have the other too that keep me in line. Thats one of the great things about this forum also, is that we have not just one or two, who maintain the background, but three. Having three is probably one of the best things we did.

The fact that TSB is monitored more than TSPMB was and we curb those things eventually, help sanctify the atmosphere that we have here.

Anyone remember Darkmire? Those are the "early early days. I think  became a member of TSPMB about 6 months to a year after it started.
[/quote

Was he a freelance artist?  I think I hired him back in the day.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »

Anyone remember Darkmire? Those are the "early early days. I think  became a member of TSPMB about 6 months to a year after it started.

Was he a freelance artist?  I think I hired him back in the day.

Yes,  and he was a good one. Good and fast, but I think he retired. he was a musician also and I think wanted to get back into that.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
He was also a freaky S&M slave master.  Did you ever read his profile?  Weird, we had some issues and we finally went in different directions, but he did good work.  Problem was he only worked in Photoshop and I had issues with his text.  He always refused to do the text in Illy.  If we are talking the same guy, and I think we are.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
He was also a freaky S&M slave master.  Did you ever read his profile?  Weird, we had some issues and we finally went in different directions, but he did good work.  Problem was he only worked in Photoshop and I had issues with his text.  He always refused to do the text in Illy.  If we are talking the same guy, and I think we are.

Hmmm.  Didn't know that one, lol   BUt everyone has a little freak in them. ;)

Doing the text in Illy presents some technical issues but can be done every day. We did it for name drops every day at one place I worked.  Then again, with the right resolution you can print 8pt TIMES ROMEN type out of Photoshop files and get them as crisp as when printing vector art. Files are larger, but it works.  With no anti aliasing, (and high rez), type comes out clean. He may not have known that back in the day (or it wasn't commonly done) since ram and HD space was a commodity back then. Most people tried to stay at 1.5-2 times the halftone line count for rez.  Today, I use 300 and 600 depending on what I'm doing. Hi rez seps better/cleaner.  Picture trying to sep a file that is 71ppi. Then sep that same file at 300ppi. Big dif in quality color seps.

Then again, you could just set the type in vector like you said, but if you're not versed in vector, it becomes hard with tricky type effects to get them to jive right with the bitmaps.  From an artist standpoint, and production it's more efficient to do it all in the same program. IMO.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
I say that, not knowing really what S&M is. LOL.  Never googled it and probably don't wanna know. ::)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
I say that, not knowing really what S&M is. LOL.  Never googled it and probably don't wanna know. ::)

Dan, please do google that real quickly and tell us what comes up.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 02:18:41 PM »
HA!  I don't think so.  LOL.

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
I miss posting on TSB about something and having a random, helpful, friendly drunk guy call me at 8pm, that was fun.

Ya know..i think that guy called me too! After Hurricane Katrina I had to change the bearings out on my press...and I remember so guy from that board calling me up and seemed like he was loaded out of his mind...I know a drunk person when I hear it and he was knocking back a few for sure that night. It was like a 45 minute call and he was explaining to me in slurred speech about what kind of bearings I had and the positioning and how i need to remove it...I recall it being a humorous call to me.
Mark