Author Topic: hang tags?  (Read 2053 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
hang tags?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
We have a client that wants some hang tags printed. Not the fabric ones, but the paper kind that are punched on. She'd like a thicker stock, but paper is super unfamiliar to me. Anyone ever do these before?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: hang tags?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »
4over.com or any of the offset trade printers are where you should go.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:49:23 PM »
Yep, or Zoo Printing (no relation) has a nice range of size options and they'll do the hole punch too.  4over, you need to find a business card or postcard size that works as a hangtag and punch yourself.

A lot of this stuff, well, I hate to say it but it just ain't worth it to screen print unless there is a specific look desired that only screen can achieve and/or it's a massive run.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
we have a client that wants to do them printed, and we have a die cutter in house. It's for a large clothing brand they are launching.

It's one color, so it'll be really easy. Just don't know what type of card stock to buy!
Night Owls

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
If all else fails I will throw out another buddies shop.

Diecutstickers.com

Great hang tags at great pricing. Ask for Ejay. Super cool dude!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »
no offense Eric but why would you do them in house when you can get them done so cheaply from a paper printer to the trade?  thus freeing you up to make more money somewhere else?

just a thought

sam

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
no offense Eric but why would you do them in house when you can get them done so cheaply from a paper printer to the trade?  thus freeing you up to make more money somewhere else?

just a thought

sam

It's pretty easy to do, as we have a press, and a pressman set up specifically for flatstock printing. not only that, but the client is ok with what we will charge
Night Owls

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
When I did some for myself I used a trade printer for a vertical format of my regular business card, but without my name on it. On the reverse in black ink I had care instructions.
I used a handheld single hole punch, but had to order it online to get one that would make a small enough hole so the plastic doohickey wouldn't pull through the hole.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
Are they open to straight up chipboard?  That stuff is great for tags and dirt cheap in large sheets.  A lot of the big offset printers will even give you some for free as they typically just use it as fill in boxes or to protect reams when cutting.  I have a few thousand 11x17 I got for free off one of em a while ago.