Author Topic: Best Press Wash?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Best Press Wash?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Whoa, I read that WD-40 comment and thought you meant for cleaning ink/color changes on press!  That would be gnarrrrrly.

We use Franmar Color Change for on press plastisol changes.  It is very, very mild but also oily like all the soy cleaners so you must wipe off with a damp rag and then a dry one before retaping.   Doesn't meet your "fast dry" needs but a very nice product.

WB color changes are just water and maybe a spritz or two of diluted simple green where needed.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »
Whoa, I read that WD-40 comment and thought you meant for cleaning ink/color changes on press!  That would be gnarrrrrly.

We use Franmar Color Change for on press plastisol changes.  It is very, very mild but also oily like all the soy cleaners so you must wipe off with a damp rag and then a dry one before retaping.   Doesn't meet your "fast dry" needs but a very nice product.

WB color changes are just water and maybe a spritz or two of diluted simple green where needed.

hahhahahahahah I guess I should have clarrified, cleaning the actual press lol
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »
Hey, the title says "Press Wash", not "Screen Wash".   ;D

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »

Smells like a Print Shop.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
Got some Easiway 800, 810, 820, and 842 coming my way.  Tried some CCI 147, and while it is less caustic, it doesn't do nearly the job of Sericol's Xtend Press wash.  Only other option recommended by our CCI rep was the TS-305 which he mentioned leaves a little bit of an oily residue.  So, we'll see if any of the easiway stuff matches up to the Xtend with degrading power conjoined with little to no smell.  If not, guess we'll try TS-305 or what some of you have recommended.  Some who've recommended products did not confirm the smell factor with them...??

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »

I have tried several washes most knock me on my a$$ some even make me even more stupid if that is even possible.
I am always trying alternate easy to get last minute solutions to just about every process in the shop.

You all can think or confirm that I am crazy but this stuff knocks the snot out of plastisol ink, leaves zero residue, dries fast and best of all  is extremely low odor virtually no odor.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_206577-34228-CR.BR.M.04_0__?productId=4284131&Ntt=crown+brush+cleaner&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dcrown%2Bbrush%2Bcleaner&facetInfo=

I will leave it there..............

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
Hey, the title says "Press Wash", not "Screen Wash".   ;D

That's what I thought too  :o ;D

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
press wash, screen wash, squeegee wash, hands clean up the stuff  :P works!!!!!!!!
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
press wash, screen wash, squeegee wash, hands clean up the stuff  :P works!!!!!!!!

That's Awesome!!!!!  :D