Author Topic: Inexpensive automatic wanted  (Read 18404 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Inexpensive automatic wanted
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »
If all goes well in the next day or so, I will have a nicely maintained gauntlet for sale, CHEAP. . we have this thing back to mint too. . .runs like a champ.
CHEAP? I like the sound of that! PM me

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:21 AM »
That lawson appolo could be a good machine...i would check that out.. I personally would not be and dont  think you will be happy with a old precision or rototex.  a MULTIPRINTER?  MAYBE. The thought of a good cheap auto is exciting but the set up times and flashing on a oval is a real PAIN, squeegie pressures on the americans will be a daily battle. the novelty will quickly wear off. someone suggested a tuf javlin(great press) if your serious, 22% is really not that bad considering the payback.. you will save the 22% in set up times and test shirts.  i have been down both roads(several times..lol)   get the right equipment and start making money..just my .02
I hear you about not worrying about the 22% but I am still only part time at this so it makes me nervous. I have eyed that Lawson for a couple months now and it makes me nervous that part of the press is in one spot and the other parts are in another.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
I tried Lending Club they "pre approved" me at 22%
Geneva was 21%
I am just trying not to get raped. I understand I have not been in business long but I feel they are taking advantage of the situation. I have a 680 credit score and bought a car last year at 6% so 18-22% is hard to swallow.

I have seen some precision ovals around California for sale for between 3-6K. Are these things workhorses? I found a American Rototex for 2K but its on the east coast and freighting and setting it back up would kill that deal.

I will have to talk to someone at Denco - great suggestion Frog!

Those are high rates for sure.  Probably your time in business is what is killing you there and the lower credit score.

I would look at waiting a bit and trying again or just saving up.  Paying 22% is hard to swallow.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 08:38:10 AM »
Careful with the ovals and multiprinters. I scrapped one of each a few ys ago because I could not in all good consciousness even give them away. Parts and service difficult. Having worked for Precision I can honestly tell you they definitely can be knocked out of reg. Especially if there are no rear locators. If the pins on the chain are skewed (common) then your SOL. You will not be able to find a new chain.

Offline garagewear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
If the bank turned you down and Lending Club is at 22% they are considering you a high risk. In today's economy there is a lot of that going on. It is not that Lending Club is trying to screw you or anything but that they use the same algorithm for everyone and it is all based on debt to income ratio.

I have spent the last year rebuilding the "cheap" Javelin I got. Haven't had a lot of time to work on it however it has also been money sitting there. I ended up using Lending Club to get some cash out since things have been slow. My rate wasn't near that high but it was higher than the bank but a lot easier and no prepayment penalty like leasing.

If I had it to do over again I would set my goal for what printer I wanted and figure how much work I need to do over and above what I am currently doing to reach the goal in a year. Then I would determine how much of that I can do myself and how much I would need to farm out then start busting it. 22% now or save for the next year and no interest. Even at 22% if it will increase your productivity how fast could you pay it off? That 22% is a 3 year loan but if you double up on your payments you won't end up paying as much over the term. That being said 22% is high and I would come up with an alternate plan before you jump in.

I tried Lending Club they "pre approved" me at 22%
Geneva was 21%
I am just trying not to get raped. I understand I have not been in business long but I feel they are taking advantage of the situation. I have a 680 credit score and bought a car last year at 6% so 18-22% is hard to swallow.

I have seen some precision ovals around California for sale for between 3-6K. Are these things workhorses? I found a American Rototex for 2K but its on the east coast and freighting and setting it back up would kill that deal.

I will have to talk to someone at Denco - great suggestion Frog!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
That Lawson Apollo can be had really cheap but it is taken apart and the guy said it may need a few nuts and bolts. Also found a Chapparal Auto Eight in good shape and in operation, may be to big for my shop. My shop is only 20 ft wide.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
there is enough stuff out there right now to be able to find a good machine pretty cheap.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:22 PM »
Say I can get the Apollo for under 2K. I am not sure just guessing but what do you think it would take to get it in top working order assuming it needs it? Any Lawson owners in the house?