Author Topic: I have FastRip without the dongle  (Read 5019 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Re: I have FastRip without the dongle
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
Once you get it up and running you will never look back. I bought mine used several years ago. I do sign a new premium plus contract every year. I think it cost about $100.00 additional per roll, maybe more on your machine. It covers the entire unit as long as you use only the contract film. I have an issue where I was loosing registration after 2 rolls of film. They took it back and fixed everything! All I paid was shipping. That was 2 or 3 years ago and it is tight as can be.

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »
Once you get it up and running you will never look back. I bought mine used several years ago. I do sign a new premium plus contract every year. I think it cost about $100.00 additional per roll, maybe more on your machine. It covers the entire unit as long as you use only the contract film. I have an issue where I was loosing registration after 2 rolls of film. They took it back and fixed everything! All I paid was shipping. That was 2 or 3 years ago and it is tight as can be.

Would you mind me contacting you if I get confused with it? hahaha..I'm sure I will do a lot of head scratching. I'm anxious to get it. I seen one in action in person about a year ago and was amazed by it..I had no idea a thermal printer even existed..I heard of an imagesetter but no idea what it was or what it looked like...when i seen this thermal imagesetter I was like "OOOHHH!!..so THATS what its all about!"....ever since then i told myself if i ever come across a deal for one im jumping on it....but the guy told me his cost $15,000 new!....so I instantly dropped the idea of owning one...im a one man show working out of a garage and it really is more than I need....but this deal came up on ebay the exact day i started having issues with my t-rip and epson 3000...so thats what made me jump on ebay to see if I could upgrade to a 4880...I seen this OYO up for auction... too good to be true..and I won the auction pretty easily too..i thought i'd get "ninja'ed" in the last 5 seconds but I didnt...I was shocked...it was a LOOONNNGG week watching that listing, expecting to wake up and see the bid price sky rocket over night.
Mark

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
You can call me anytime. I think my number is in my profile or you can pm me for it.
I used the oyo tech support to set the rip up. I think it took about an hour and I just let them have remote access to my computer so I may not have much insight in to set up. Operating is very easy. One thing I do all suggest is that you keep the the disable output option on all the time. This way you can send items to the rip and check look at them before you actually put them on film.

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?