Author Topic: Any beginner tutorials you can suggest?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Any beginner tutorials you can suggest?
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
Looking for some tutorials on Illustrator CS5. Particularly looking at how to print seperations. Im super busy right now and can't look into learning everything right now so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Also need to change the colors in the art from cmyk or rgb to spot colors, right?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Any beginner tutorials you can suggest?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Slow down there cowboy. What are we printing to and how? IE Rip etc?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »
Lol. I still have to install accurip, that shouldn't take long, my Epson 1400 is still chugging away so I haven't upgraded that yet.  And its those files I shared with you last week.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
Well there is your problem Gerry, you shared those files with me this week.

Install Accurip and go from there. If it's anything like FilmMaker you just set your reg marks, make
sure all colors are spot and hit print. Some of these RIPS nesting features aren't the best
so we occasionally lay out each set of seps as we would like them on the page.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »
Looking for some tutorials on Illustrator CS5. Particularly looking at how to print seperations. Im super busy right now and can't look into learning everything right now so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Also need to change the colors in the art from cmyk or rgb to spot colors, right?

Not specifically for CS5 but always very helpful as made for this industry. Check the link below.
http://www.illustratorforscreenprinters.com/

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »
for basic spot color work, your Color Mode (RGB or CMYK) won't matter much. Let's say you had a circle that is red, and another circle that is green. The red or green should be saved as a spot color. PMS colors from the Solid Coated pallet are spot colors, so you could simply assign one of those. Or, you could pick a color off the default pallet, and double click on it, and there is a drop down menu that will let you change a color from process to spot. Now, when you go to print, and click on "Output" you'll get a list of colors to print; shut off (no printer icon)the 4 CMYK channels, and you'll be left with just the Green and Red you chose. If you have 1/2 tones, you can select your line count and angle to be set in AccuRIP, in which all halftone seps will use those settings, or, you can set them in Illustrator (in case you want a special line count and angle). Hope this helps. There are a ton of decent tuts out there...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't