Author Topic: Man....  (Read 12824 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Man....
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »

Good to see a fellow Zappa fan........one of the most underrated guitar players ever to live. I have a Cal State College 1972 concert poster tee t-shirt. Anyone care to guess the backup band and ticket price?

I'll leave the complete guess to someone else, but will tell you that this act was on one of Frank's Labels, and made a huge turn from their original image and look.

As for price, I'd have to guess $4 tops. That's all we would pay at the most three or four times a week at the Fillmore (Carousel), Winterland, or Family Dog at the beach after the Avalon closed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
Donnie I was out in Oaklahoma just about all week last week and brotha you guys can keep your heat, I'll take Alabama heat any day.

Darryl

I can not remember a hotter, dryer summer. It has been a real bitch!

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
I'm not sure it's dead just smells funny. By all accounts Preston is a well educated man who stands by his moral convictions. Kudos to that. But in his effort to be fair and balanced and non biased to all he sort of fell into the wrong crowd. Here you have to pay your dues to be a member. Not in dollars of course but behaviour.

Good to see a fellow Zappa fan........one of the most underrated guitar players ever to live. I have a Cal State College 1972 concert poster tee t-shirt. Anyone care to guess the backup band and ticket price?

"Jazz isn't dead. It just smells funny."
— Frank Zappa

That place got stunk the funk up! Like TSPMB got poop'd on. I feel sorry for Preston for about two seconds... I think he had PLENTY of warnings and chose to jump of that cliff.

Alice Cooper !!! $2.50 !!! $3.00 AT THE DOOR!!! :)
AND a Rick Griffin poster to boot!!!!!!

Here we go ...again

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:49 PM »
Alice Cooper.  That's hilarious.

I'm not gonna say much negative about P and SPOF, but I believe you guys have a much better shot of long term success as it "appears" to be 3 equal (well, except for 1) partners in the venture.  P was trying to be a one man show and that's a rough road.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 12:15:44 AM »
In my opinion P is just one wisker away from freaking brilliant. Unfortunately with that comes a certain amount of eccentricity bolstered by idealistic dogma.
I kinda admire the guy though his energy and all.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:12 AM »
I'm going to bed.  Lest someone wants to know who the "well, except for 1" is, you make the call -

And as far as 3's go, I've always like this one -

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: 3 Questions

And if the swallow question left you hangiing -
Monty Python Holy Grail Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:29:11 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »

I'll leave the complete guess to someone else, but will tell you that this act was on one of Frank's Labels, and made a huge turn from their original image and look.

As for price, I'd have to guess $4 tops. That's all we would pay at the most three or four times a week at the Fillmore (Carousel), Winterland, or Family Dog at the beach after the Avalon closed.
Ticket Price $2.50 but if you really wanted to take a beating $3.00 at the door! Opening act............................
Alice Cooper

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »
Man, I thought SPOF turned into Barnes Circus and Printex forum?  no?  too funny...hahahah...

Preston was warned by many people about Mr. Barnes and how he worked...well he is now seeing it..I Know a few people who had adverstised on there they no longer support the mission of the forum...

Preston is a good guy, but he sold out to Barnes and Printex...plain and simple..

Sam

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
I guess the wisdom behind Preston's "open" philosophy can be debated every which way, but I think he walked into the Printex affiliation with eyes wide open, knowing that Barnes was the face (and maybe the only installer) here in the states. Right out of the gate these forums have been witness to Inkman's "buyer's remorse" at having been soaked for charges that were promised as free to sweeten the deal, and apparently specs that didn't pan out as advertised. The machine may be good, but nothing sours someone on a new purchase quicker than finding out the deal wasn't what they were led to believe, especially an expensive purchase. After that, everything becomes suspect, from the machine, to the salesman, to the company and any future support.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
I guess the wisdom behind Preston's "open" philosophy can be debated every which way, but I think he walked into the Printex affiliation with eyes wide open, knowing that Barnes was the face (and maybe the only installer) here in the states. Right out of the gate these forums have been witness to Inkman's "buyer's remorse" at having been soaked for charges that were promised as free to sweeten the deal, and apparently specs that didn't pan out as advertised. The machine may be good, but nothing sours someone on a new purchase quicker than finding out the deal wasn't what they were led to believe, especially an expensive purchase. After that, everything becomes suspect, from the machine, to the salesman, to the company and any future support.

I agree, and one should suspect the whole thing when its all a mess like it is.

Inkman isn't even publically telling it all about his press.The interesting part is the price of his press, time you add the shipping, the hassle of what he's been through, and so on.  Its not cheaper than M&R or many other brands. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »
?? Was it Preston, or was it Lance... Are DoubleyewBee offered one of them a million dollars for their forum during the rape of TSPMB. Anyone remember that?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
It was Lance, in a silly Youtube charade made while driving.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

I am not allowed to post anything on digitsmith anymore concerning my machine. It gets immediately deleted, and the kicker is nothing I say is false it is all truthful information. So I guess DG now does not care about unsuspecting buyers anymore.

And here is the wild thing, Ted Uhall bought his press in January and still has not received and now all of a sudden he is getting a different press ion September. Should not this stuff be public knowledge? Shouldn't potential buyers that have time lines be aware that if you buy a Printex they may miss your time line by many months? And if they do miss it they will offer you a prototype press with no proven production. And almost guaranteed to not even have a manual.

We all seen what happened recently on SPOF, a whole post was deleted because it showed negativity to Printex even tho there was nothing in the whole post but truth. How the F is that considered open? Sad thing is Killer even said he will not delete it but only lock it to be fair to everyone, well Preston logged on and Poof thread was gone. Gonna be a tough job for Killer over there but it will get easier as it gets quieter and quieter.

P made his bed now he gets to lay in it, the site is dieing miserably and this site is growing. God Bless the Three Amigos!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:07:36 PM by Inkman996 »
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »

I am not allowed to post anything on digitsmith anymore concerning my machine. It gets immediately deleted, and the kicker is nothing I say is false it is all truthful information. So I guess DG now does not care about unsuspecting buyers anymore.

Thats why its clear to see its either owned by, or being allowed to be highly influenced by the resident pest.   Did you see that most of the day yesterday he couldn't get anyone to give him any attention, so he started posting on SPOF.  It was comical.  It's a look into the future for him. 

And here is the wild thing, Ted Uhall bought his press in January and still has not received and now all of a sudden he is getting a different press ion September. Should not this stuff be public knowledge? Shouldn't potential buyers that have time lines be aware that if you buy a Printex they may miss your time line by many months? And if they do miss it they will offer you a prototype press with no proven production. And almost guaranteed to not even have a manual.

Ted seems like a good guy, however we all knew his machine would be late before he even had it cross his mind im sure.  Just like we knew your machine was so "public" that they would bust their ass to get it there "close" to the time line as they could.  I guess in doing that they forgot to build it correctly.  That's a peak into the future there too and how they will be able to or should I say not be able to handle pressure. 

My press came as promised, and everything about it works.  Novel concept.

We all seen what happened recently on SPOF, a whole post was deleted because it showed negativity to Printex even tho there was nothing in the whole post but truth. How the F is that considered open? Sad thing is Killer even said he will not delete it but only lock it to be fair to everyone, well Preston logged on and Poof thread was gone. Gonna be a tough job for Killer over there but it will get easier as it gets quieter and quieter.

P made his bed now he gets to lay in it, the site is dieing miserably and this site is growing. God Bless the Three Amigos!

Writing is on the wall, when you have to have a posting contest to get people to post, it makes one laugh.  I wish no ill will but it was very predictable how this has all panned out.  Im sure when its all said and done the claim will be made it was his plan to run off 90% of his active posters. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »

Writing is on the wall, when you have to have a posting contest to get people to post, it makes one laugh.  I wish no ill will but it was very predictable how this has all panned out.  Im sure when its all said and done the claim will be made it was his plan to run off 90% of his active posters.

Damn, you mean I was punk'd again?