Author Topic: ZFS agents matched with brand or mix?  (Read 843 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
ZFS agents matched with brand or mix?
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
I have CCI, Union, Matsui, Fuji zfs powders.  Is there a difference? They all look the same and have the same consistency.  All taste the same too, just kidding.  Are there any differences?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: ZFS agents matched with brand or mix?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:49:51 PM »
It's like acetaminophen. Buy the cheapest.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
we were using matsui's , even when we switched to CCI base and white still used matsui activator, it worked fine, but when I ran out of the 5 gallon pale we had I ordered cci's and with the CCI base and white, it actually shows a big difference in the brightness of the prints, not to mention it doesn't stink nearly as bad. We were sold some Wilflex activator that was for the Oasis discharge inks, it didn't work with the CCI discharge inks as well. I did try that Wiflex activator with the Magna from Nazdar and it was a perfect match. I learned, at least from what we are using, use the components formulated for each other for the "best" results. The mixing works, but I think consistency is achieved with properly forumlated, "for each other",  products, if that makes sense  ;)
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »
The ZFS that CCI sells is a finer grind than others on the market.  As a result it dissolves easier.  Making for a better discharge.

ZFS is still ZFS.  There is no chemical change between the manufacturers.  Just particle size.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:10 AM »
Coffee grinder. No joke!