Author Topic: S mesh vs LXS mesh  (Read 1598 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
S mesh vs LXS mesh
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
We have always just used the standard S mesh from Murakami. Is anyone using the LX-S mesh?
Is it worlds better?
Am I living in the dark ages, with a rotary dial land line?!?!  :P

Comparisons, pros, cons?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: S mesh vs LXS mesh
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
we use the 80, 150 and 180. It is a special purpose mesh and has been too fragile for our work conditions when we tried to use it more. It sees action once or twice a week now.
Can't tell you much more than it does work well and we are very happy to have it, but I would not replace all our mesh with it (would not even be an option, we would bust a screen or two a day if we did).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:18:33 AM »
we use the 80, 150 and 180. It is a special purpose mesh and has been too fragile for our work conditions when we tried to use it more. It sees action once or twice a week now.
Can't tell you much more than it does work well and we are very happy to have it, but I would not replace all our mesh with it (would not even be an option, we would bust a screen or two a day if we did).

pierre

Pierre, are you talking about the LX-S mesh?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
I am talking about the LX mesh (the stuff without knuckles). 'not sure if it LX-S is a new version of it or it's the same thing. . .
we've been using it for about 2 years now (probably right around the time it became available).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
Hey guys... Just to get back on this one to clear it up... Murakami only has the one line of mesh "Smartmesh" but in that line, they have 5 different threads available:

SS - Super thin threads - or their crazy thin thread mesh - meshes like the 80/55 fall in to this category. These give you ultra low tensions and huge openings.
S - Thin threads - used commonly to get a bit higher volume through a higher definition mesh - like an 160/48 or 150/48.
M - Medium threads - a nice bridge between the openings of the S and the durability of the T threads - a common mesh on this one is the 160/54 or 150/54.
T - Standard threads - these are the normal ones you use on a daily basis - like a 160/64.
HD - Thick threads - a heavier duty thread that will take higher tensions but decrease the amount of the opening - like 160/71 or 150/71.

The LX mesh is nothing more than a calendared mesh. They heat treat the knuckles and compress them to flatten them out. This gives a smoother print and reduces the wear on the mesh. All the LX meshes use the S style thin threads. The LX mesh is available in an 80/71, 135/48, 150/48 and a 180/48 - white only.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion on this one.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter