Author Topic: you experience with freight companies  (Read 1087 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
you experience with freight companies
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
any negatives?

I may have to send  a pallet from upstate ny to abilene texas...anything I should look out for...I went to frightcenter.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: you experience with freight companies
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
p.s.  julie from freightcenter.com is creepy

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
Our best luck is always with R&L carriers we use them a dozen times a year and no matter what they always beat the competitions price by a lot. If you already have a quote call R&L and see if they will beat it.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »
I used to buy and sell truckloads of equipment. we were on a 70% discount with RnL. They are a great company and are highly recommended, unfortunately you have to ship a lot to get the discounted rates. Just calling directly with the first and last load will cost you an arm and a leg.

Your best bet is to go to freightquote.com or some similar site. You'll get a decent rate.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
I use freightquote a lot.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA