Author Topic: CCI D-White, Discharge White  (Read 18999 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI D-White, Discharge White
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »
CCI D-White is way too thick out of the bucket, not even close to press ready IMO.  Needs about 6-10% water added.

Tried that, didn't seem to affect it much at all. It was as bad or worse than an athletic white plastisol.

That's weird, could be a bad bucket.  Ours looks fine out of the bucket but is just thick, runs fine after thinning and activating.  I typically add as much water as activator and then additional as needed. 

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
I shy away from adding water to water base inks. My understanding it will change the "ph" balance... not good. Thinning the white with base is an option.  We just finished a run of navy Gildans using 50 percent dwhite and 50 percent premium base with 3 percent activator. Gets rid of that stiff, chalky feel that the dwhite has at full strength.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:26 PM »
That's weird, could be a bad bucket.  Ours looks fine out of the bucket but is just thick, runs fine after thinning and activating.  I typically add as much water as activator and then additional as needed.

Yeah, that's been on my mind. I tried it after hearing so many rave reviews here, but it was underwhelming to say the least. I even posted a thread about it being a squeegee climber, but didn't get much in the way of replies. Then when we had a big run of discharge come through I bought the I.T. 5 gallon because it was the only stuff I could get quickly, at first we were put off by how runny it is, we actually use a ladle for it, but after getting used to it on screen we really like it over the gallon of CCI we tried. We are WB/DC newbies, so factor that into my review, but as it stands we'll be looking at the IT bases and super strength pigments as our need for the inks grows.
Wishin' I was Fishin'