Author Topic: WM Plastics Ultimate White  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
WM Plastics Ultimate White
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
I just wanted to share my experience.

LOVE IT!!!
Easy to print, great coverage, and cures nicely.
I just ran some shirts with a different white that has good coverage too and it is a bit stiff to work with. I decided to add about 4-5% of curable reducer to be able to print easier and I still had coverage issues. After few shirts, and some frustration, I decided to try the sample of Ultimate white I got from my supplier. WOW, that looked almost perfect with one hit. If I did not have big letters that are solid, I would probably be OK with one hit on halftones, but I had to hit it one more time because of the lettering.

If I ever do those shirts again, I will be making two screens, one for halftones and underbase for lettering, and one with lettering only.

BTW, manual press, 155 mesh, newer aluminum frames, 70 duro squeegee
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:39:06 AM by DKgrafix »

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: WM Plastics Ultimate White
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
watch out with "samples"  - most of the time what they do is scrape ink off the top of a bucket and put it in a small container. You're not getting a true sample of the ink, sure it prints nice and creamy, but your not getting the true ink.. The minimum you should receive is a gallon, and mix the piss out of it. I just went through this with a supplier for over an hour yesterday, why the sample was awesome but the 5 gallon buckets sucked. Mix your ink -no matter what. We mix with a drill for about 3-5 minutes, everyday. I just got a sample of Excalibur poly white -it's about an ounce of ink. WTF am I going to do with that? ridiculous. . .

WM makes great ink -wait til you see the price of it . .you'll have to change your pants. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »
Ultimate white is a pretty good ink I used it for years and the only thing I hate about it is, it started to puff a little making it unuseable for a nice flat underbase.  I switched to a different brand of ink and like Homer the sample gal was dam good, but the other ink I got fail way short of the sample.  Now back to the ultimate white, its a good ink and every now and then you might want to add a little reducer if you don't use over a period of time.  QCM  makes a very good ink for reds tees stays very white glacier white, stays very flat great for underbase work, but dam its high dollar.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
Damn, my experience with this ink was not good.  The samples I got of this white were not useable due to the extreme puffing/blowing agent they had in it.  A PFP with this ink through a 137 gave me a print that was very similar to a high density print, through an 86 with a 500 micron stencil.  Maybe production gallons are ok but I was absolutely blown away by the amount of puff the prints exhibited once coming out of the dryer. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »
Alan's experiences pretty much match my own with this ink.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?