Author Topic: Dryer Belt Width vs Heat Length  (Read 4815 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Dryer Belt Width vs Heat Length
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
For what it's worth, we have a  couple 72" Sprint 2000 ovens. One eats the shirts off a Challenger II and a Challenger III. Don't run them both on the dryer all the time, but during busy times, quite a bit. Gets a little trickier when both presses are running 2X or larger at the same time. Otherwise, NO issues. Oh yeah, hate to say it, but we are still strictly plastisol.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Dryer Belt Width vs Heat Length
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
Thats right Gil. We had two of these at Nike Sport Graphics when Nike was going to turn the world upside down with DC. Also one ginourmus one to handle two belt printers..........that really didn't turned out as planned; but thats Nike for you.
BTW they are veerrry expensive but very rarely one will come up used.

We actually got a quote on a split belt dryer from S.Roque and the prices was not much more than a single belt dryer with the same total width. That being said, their dryers were a bit more expensive than the M&R and Interchange ones I had compared them to. S.Roque claims their dryers rum more efficiently than the other companies, but I have yet to see hard evidence of that from them so who knows.

Which kinda brings me to another question(maybe I should start a new thread) how is it that what seems like all the companies can claim their gas dryer is the MOST efficient? I understand it has to do with the CFM and HP from the blower and whatnot, but don't exactly know how it is possible to actually determine who's is the most efficient to run. They don't have the "Energy Guide" like home furnaces, AC's, water heaters, TV's, ect.
Maybe Rich if you read this post you can enlighten us a bit. Seeing that you are the only company that seems to be helpful enough to publicly interact with us on the boards here, which is much appreciated.  :)
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com