Author Topic: New Press Time!!  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Rocfrog

Re: New Press Time!!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »
Ok so they decided to just go brand new and got the Sportsman EX from M&R! And we are going to do a whole shop re-lay-out!

But with that he is looking at the Tri-Loc system so I now have to research that, but his biggest hold up is the carrier sheets because they seem like they are super expensive or a big hassle to keep reusing them.....

Nick

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
Congrats! When I was talking to your boss I told him to get a reg system no matter what press he got! Maybe he should of looked at a CTS instead of a press :P Either way you are moooovin on up!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
Tri lock is a must!!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Tell your boss to come take a look at our CTS..... I will make him a killer deal on it as we are going to be upgrading to an m&r I image STE here soon.....

If you guys have 2 auto's it would be a key ingredient for workflow.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »
Talk to Alan about his fpu for the trilock.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
LOL!! I guess I should have checked for replys.......Danny and Brandt I just sent you guys messages about the tri-loc.....LOL!!

Not sure he wants to leap into the CTS but I'll mention it tomorrow.  ;)

I was gonna send Alan a message because in my quick digging looks like he has a trick but it is hush hush due to some conflicting issues.....

Nick

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:58 PM »
you cant get an M&R and not get the Tri-loc.  Seriously, you have to.  Thank me later.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:22 PM »
LOL!! I guess I should have checked for replys.......Danny and Brandt I just sent you guys messages about the tri-loc.....LOL!!

Not sure he wants to leap into the CTS but I'll mention it tomorrow.  ;)

I was gonna send Alan a message because in my quick digging looks like he has a trick but it is hush hush due to some conflicting issues.....

Nick

No reason for hush on my end.  I know the modifications that I and others before me have done to the triloc may be frowned upon by the folks that made the triloc but I truly believe that some things, no matter how great they are, can be made a little better.  The mods have made a huge difference in a few key areas.  Most notably, speed and believe it or not, accuracy.  It wasn't easy cutting a piece off the master frame holder and drilling holes into the triloc unit but now that I've used it like this for almost 2 years (almost 3 years if you count my DIY version we used).  I wouldn't do it any other way other than cts. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 06:17:42 AM »
Seems like a great post you could do a "how to" for.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »
Here is what I use.  The first pic is my layout table with a jig attached that is adjustable for several widths of frames.  I tape my first film of my job "the one with the most print"  to the layout table on 4 corners.  The rest of the films for that job, I tape on the top and bottom centers so that tape doesn't interfere with the tape on the first film.  I line the the other films to the original and lightly tack the scotch tape to the layout table.  After, I'm sure that the reg marks are lined up perfectly, I place 4 pieces of double-sided tape around the image.  I then butt my screen frame to the stops and lower it to the film and rub the inside of the screen to make sure the double-sided tape makes contact.  Then I expose.  I do this for every screen in the job.  Then for the original film I taped on 4 corners, I place a piece of scotch tape on the top and bottom centers and lift the 4 corners of the original and fold the tape under.  I place double-sided tape on the original film to attach it to the back of the screen also. 

After I'm done exposing, developing, taping and blocking off the reg marks.  I place the pallet with an Identical jig on the press and rotate it to each screen for the job and butt them to the same stops.  I'm ready to print.

9 out of 10 jobs are in perfect registration.  If they are off at all, usually it just takes a bump of the micros to fix it.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Where/how did you get the aluminum jigs?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »
I'm pretty into the pre-reg talk. I am trying to fine tune what I am currently used.

Let's put this in a new thread!

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 02:02:13 PM »
No reason for hush on my end.  I know the modifications that I and others before me have done to the triloc may be frowned upon by the folks that made the triloc but I truly believe that some things, no matter how great they are, can be made a little better.  The mods have made a huge difference in a few key areas.  Most notably, speed and believe it or not, accuracy.  It wasn't easy cutting a piece off the master frame holder and drilling holes into the triloc unit but now that I've used it like this for almost 2 years (almost 3 years if you count my DIY version we used).  I wouldn't do it any other way other than cts.

After talking to Brandt and Danny last night and doing some research and then talking to my boss this morning we are definitely getting one and he really likes the idea of CTS and is going to investigate it further. I'm not sure he'd be up to cutting up a brand new (since we cant find a used one) Tri-Loc but maybe Brandt is write do a "how-to" thread and I can show him and once we get it we can entertain the idea.

Nick

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »

After talking to Brandt and Danny last night and doing some research and then talking to my boss this morning we are definitely getting one and he really likes the idea of CTS and is going to investigate it further. I'm not sure he'd be up to cutting up a brand new (since we cant find a used one) Tri-Loc but maybe Brandt is write do a "how-to" thread and I can show him and once we get it we can entertain the idea.

Nick

Alan or someone would have to do that, we've not modified ours. 

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
Alan or someone would have to do that, we've not modified ours.

Whoops....wrong "write"...I meant "right" as in correct.....my bad....

Nick