Author Topic: Waterbased Ink Systems Comparison  (Read 12730 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Re: Waterbased Ink Systems Comparison
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
Great info guys.  i have to ask this though... where do y'all buy the inks (sericol, matsui, etc...)?  I just talked Nazdar about Oasis and was told they are having trouble getting pigments from China so they have very limited if any stock.  Google search reveals actually very little about where to purchase the inks or maybe i'm just searching the wrong terms.  So far, I have only found one company but they are a 3 day ship to me.  (I'm in Atlanta) 

so, we do you buy from?   :)

Nathan:  I’m not sure who you spoke to at Nazdar SourceOne but they were way, way off base in suggesting that any product availability issues with Wilflex Oasis are related to sourcing pigments from China.  PolyOne the parent company of Wilflex is undergoing a transition in their water based textile screen-printing inks program and is looking to bring all manufacturing into their US domestic locations. 

This transition has coincided with the a change in their relationship with their current manufacturing partner, and has resulted in some inventory availability challenges while this transition is in process. I can assure you that PolyOne Wilflex is working closely with Nazdar SourceOne and all of their Channel Distribution partners to maintain an adequate supply of Oasis Products throughout what we expect to be a short term transitional change over period.

Please accept my apologies for any incorrect information that you were given during your contact with Nazdar SourceOne, and if you are looking for availability of a specific Wilflex Oasis product I encourage you to contact Nazdar SourceOne by phone at (888) 578-5713, Fax (888) 258-5050, Email  cserv@sourceoneonline.com, or your local PolyOne Wilflex Oasis product distributor.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
After try Sericol, Matsui,CCi, Jantex..., We use CCI D for the whites, and sericol with all the colors. To mix our colors We use HO white instead a regular white from Sericol. 
When you use the inks without the activator (like a regular WB for light color shirts) doesn't smell, with the discharge activator some inks smell a little more than others, but not bad at all....
On long runs, the screen with black WB ink is the most prone to break, if you don't have your pressure right. Anyway in long runs you have to use hardener, and post expose. But here in Florida, a couple hours in the sun and its done..

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
Good info Peter, thanks for clarifying.  The pigment from China shortage comment had me steering away from considering Oasis. 

Another ink mfg. that I used to use once had an issue sourcing their red pigment and it was really problematic not having any Red Yellow Shade for months and then finding it mis-formulated when I finally could get it again.  I presume that if you change your supply chain dramatically you need to re-formulate, re-test the end product.  Don't want to go down a road like that ever again though. 

I had heard about this from someone at Wilflex.  What's the scoop?  Is this a total overhaul of Oasis or just a little tune-up?

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
Good info Peter, thanks for clarifying.  The pigment from China shortage comment had me steering away from considering Oasis. 

Another ink mfg. that I used to use once had an issue sourcing their red pigment and it was really problematic not having any Red Yellow Shade for months and then finding it mis-formulated when I finally could get it again.  I presume that if you change your supply chain dramatically you need to re-formulate, re-test the end product.  Don't want to go down a road like that ever again though. 

I had heard about this from someone at Wilflex.  What's the scoop?  Is this a total overhaul of Oasis or just a little tune-up?

PolyOne is undertaking a total overhaul of the Wilflex Oasis product line, and there will be a lot more information about this subject after month-end.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 01:00:37 AM »
The best wb inks in my opinion do come from Australia. Permaset Aqua are great. They do 2 different lines of wb inks, Permaset Aqua for light colored garments and Permaset Supercover for dark garments. Those inks are super opaque and super soft. They print on nylon and most 100% polyester fabrics without any problem. No need for any additive.
Here is a link to their website
Oh and they are the most eco friendly inks out there.
http://www.permaset.com.au/_blog/Permaset/post/Permaset_Aqua/#

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
I had been using Matsui Discharge white and pigments and base for colors.  I had a job come up for florescent green and white on black so I got some of the CCI White and Sericol Florescent Green.  The white printed like a dream compared to the Matsui and the Sericol Florescent came out bright and has washed well so far.  I may be making a change.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
Thats where I am now unless CCI does good on their pigments but CCI white/base and Sericol for colors is an awesome system.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
Did you use Matsui Base before you tried the CCI?  Just wondering if it was comparable or prints nicer like the white?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
I used Jantex and Union and can definitely say CCI is 100 times better.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
Sericol's Texcharge TC, Texiscreen AJ Aqua and Permaset  from Australia are the only waterbased inks that have been awarded the organic certificat by the Soil Association. Which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
Sericol's Texcharge TC, Texiscreen AJ Aqua and Permaset  from Australia are the only waterbased inks that have been awarded the organic certificat by the Soil Association. Which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Tell me about permaset, I'm unfamiliar with them. 

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:36 AM »
anyone tested Nazdars Magna series?  Looks like its available now.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
Peter could you pls elaborate? To the best of my knowledge which is dim at best; I believe the Oasis products were actually produced by Magna. Will there be a change in product names/#s? Also still having trouble locating pigments and it seems they are often only available in gallons. On a side note if quarts will be more readily available it would be best to offer them in dispensible squeeze bottles as many of them are prone to drying and flaking.
tp

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »

Tell me about permaset, I'm unfamiliar with them.
Sorry have not forgotten you and your request regarding Permaset inks.
Excellent waterbased inks from Australia. Dry very slow in the screen, fantastic colors. Can be printed on nylon without the need of any catalyst. You can use them too on 100% polyester tops. Permaset Aqua is for light colored garments while Permaset Supercover is for dark garments. Here is a link to their website
http://www.permaset.com.au/

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
Does permaset supercover work on water-resistant/proofed nylon and polyester?  They list flags on their application chart, which makes me hopeful, but they aren't listing materials--I'd like to hear from someone who's tried it.

I'm pretty interested in this stuff.