Artist > Art for free/trade/donation

NEED A CLIP TAKE A CLIP - HAVE A CLIP LEAVE A CLIP

(1/3) > >>

mooseman:
These days when I go into a convenience store or mom and pop there is a small collection of pennies on the counter usually with the phrase
NEED A PENNY TAKE A PENNY HAVE A PENNY LEAVE A PENNY.
To that element of social sharing I thought it might be nice if we all thought of sharing the pennies of our own art work.
Nothing fancy just interesting elements from the jobs we do every day that others could take and add to the art stash.

To that end I would like to start NAC-LAC ( NEED A CLIP = LEAVE A CLIP)
you know kinda like Aflac  but without the duck.

I recently had to redraw a dart and dart board for a job, this is my work and if you like it you may NAC it .

If you have similar someday stop back and LAC it.

Maybe we could even have a NAC-LAC category.

mooseman

mooseman:
You see how lame I am on art work here is a better file (I hope) of the dart & board

mooseman

Dottonedan:
Sounds great!  I would not be protecting my business partners, nor members, if I didn't say this of course. I know you did take the steps to say it was your art that you created. We just need to make sure everyone is aware (at all times) in each post/submission, that the art posted belongs (paid for entire ownership) with full and complete rights to you (or), that it was created (by you) entirely.

No part of the art may contain clip art (elements) from other sources that you did not create. No art may be of a purchased clip art package. To explain to some who might not know, (clip art that you purchase) does not grant you full and complete rights as each will say, that it is royalty free, but purchasing clip art, does not make it yours to do (anything) you like specifically, such as "give it away".

Thats a non legal description, but you all get the picture. We will at no time, be responsible for any files uploaded that may fall into question and results in any financial or product loss.

Mooseman,  I give my apologies if I sound cold but it's never intended to be. Just part of the process. This is a good idea.

3Deep:
Sounds like a good idea, but brandsoftheworld already has this right?

Darryl

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: 3Deep on November 12, 2013, 11:18:39 AM ---Sounds like a good idea, but brandsoftheworld already has this right?

Darryl

--- End quote ---

No,  let's not confuse what he's suggesting here with "Corporate logos" and clip art. Those are things that someone else owns.  What Mooseman is referring to, can only be art that is created by you ( the contributor). As in the original creator and owner of the art.

To make matters more complicated, if you as a printer, hire a freelancer to create something for an order, that is not considered "you owning the art".  It can be, if you have had that artist agree to providing full and complete rights for the agreed amount. Most art buyers for custom orders don't ask for this as it can lead to an increase in the cost of the art.  Logo creation and retail "line design" buyrs should always be asking for full and complete right. With that, you should expect to pay a higher price for art, but that comes with the territory for line designs anyway.

Sorry Mooseman. Didn't mean to make this into something bigger than it should be but we do need to clarify.  This is why some other forums don't even bother with allowing art to be uploaded. It can get complicated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version