Author Topic: screen shame  (Read 3398 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: screen shame
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
I had a (dirtball) employee file for unemployment after he quit. He said he quit because he was a recovering alcoholic, and the bottle of booze on my shelf made him uncomfortable, or something like that. He had never said anything to me, and he did not win, but the things some people will do.....
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »
Yeah, I made some comment to our office manager about modeling a mardi gras shirt concept we have that would require the showing of boobs.  We laughed and then I said, "I should have added hashtag sexual harassment."  And we laughed some more... but yeah, with the wrong crew, you can't get away with stuff like that.

My comment was obviously tongue in cheek, our office manager doesn't even have boobs hardly.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
Ahh jeez Gilly, you're making me cringe over here.

In writing? Public forum? Eeeks.

it's not even legal to ask an employee's age.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »
in new york it might soon be illegal to ask them if they've committed a felony...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
Ahh jeez Gilly, you're making me cringe over here.

In writing? Public forum? Eeeks.

it's not even legal to ask an employee's age.

Yeah, I know... we have a good crew here though.

She's Chinese and I have "Yellow Wednesday" where I get to blow out all of my asian jokes.... She asked why just one day as it didn't bother her, I said because it would get old as I'd never stop.  LOL

We had some Asian clients in the other day and after they left she bursted out "I hate Asians!"  They were here for 2 hours for a 144 pcs order.

Just now, as I typed this, she was responding to a clients email and the clients signature in his email has his title "Special assistant" and she said, "that's terrible, it sounds like he's a 'butt buddy' or something."

I think I'm ok here. :)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
in new york it might soon be illegal to ask them if they've committed a felony...

My best guy ever was a convicted felon. Once I can get him to relocate here it will be awesome. Great dude and printer.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
one of mine was too, but this is info i'd like to know going in...i mean we have a sex offender registry, and I can't ask if somebody has been convicted of a felony?  Something is seriously wrong there.

Offline ol man

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »

My best guy ever was a convicted felon. Once I can get him to relocate here it will be awesome. Great dude and printer.

the best shop owners are felons

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
doesn't matter if they make the best employees or shop owners...my point is I should be allowed to know.

here in GA, we have a training program for HVAC in prisons.  would you feel comfortable with your wife at home waiting on the HVAC repair guy and wondering if he's a felon himself?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
Of course, committing a felony and being a convicted felon often involves two very different demographics.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ol man

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »
the felon policy is like the drug policy here at our shop - if your too "clean"  you probably wont get the job.

Offline starchild

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »

Really.. Where did you get that info?? I must have missed that.. Oh.. I meant eeww..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk