Author Topic: hxt exposure  (Read 2201 times)

Offline noortrd

hxt exposure
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
At last we expsed hxt . Its too slow . 120  mesh 3 minute .

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: hxt exposure
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
I don't mean to be rude, but what is the point of this post?  You haven't given any details on how you're coating, what you're using to expose, etc.  Are you asking for advice or simply venting?  Like I said, not trying to be rude, but what are you attempting to accomplish with the thread...

Offline noortrd

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
my point is exposure time  too slow than  chromablue , txr and plus 9000. Electricity is not cheaper in pakistan .

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »
I'd like to know the details as well.

Htx is a MUCH stronger emulsion... Right tool for the right job.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
no luck with hxt here, been testing it for the past week or so at super short times to super long times and it still breaks down at around 50 discharge prints.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
Dirk,

What exposure unit are you using?  How short is short and how long is long?  Mike (screenprintguy) told me it has as VERY wide latitude.  Holding low % dots on the long end and not getting blowouts on the short end, I imagine?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
Yeah, Brian (just gonna take a stab since you guys never specify which is posting :p )... our experience was huge exposure latitudes as well.  Hard to get a BAD exposure.

BUT

We never ran a job with it, that is just exposure test.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
wasn't screenprintguy adding diazo?  I haven't read that thread for a few weeks, but I feel like halfway into it he mentioned some detail like that, while the first post implied he was using it straight from the bucket for the high number discharge jobs...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure he said he was running it STRAIGHT.

This was my main appeal to this emulsion.  We don't use nearly enough to really worry about shelf life.

Offline noortrd

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
why only screenprinting guy said its a good  diazo and hardener emulsion for discharge. ?

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
talked to Mike screenprintguy today, he is only running it straight from the bucket.  He has a SUPER controlled screen environment that is probably helping his process that most of us do not.  I am using a MSP 3140 I exposed it for 200 LU, 400 Lu, 600 LU, all with the same not so good results.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
talked to Mike screenprintguy today, he is only running it straight from the bucket.  He has a SUPER controlled screen environment that is probably helping his process that most of us do not.  I am using a MSP 3140 I exposed it for 200 LU, 400 Lu, 600 LU, all with the same not so good results.

Dang, I am going to get some of this when we get back from Christmas and our screen room is under control 24/7 but the humidity out in the shop is terrible and no telling what might happen out there.  I'm going to go straight off Mike's usage and hope to get the same results.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.