Author Topic: Doing The Right Thing  (Read 6490 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Doing The Right Thing
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 11:17:46 AM »
I thought there were photos of the Sportsman that they bought to model it after as well. He also likes to use the word clone and has in several post. Admitting that it is a clone cant be good either. If someone is willing to business with him and buy one of these they should expect to get what they pay for. The only thing it does have going for it is that it was modeled after something that is a great machine to begin with.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DouglasGrigar

• Can you test, repeat, and measure it? fact or not?
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
Surely the machine doesn't infringe on any patents, but if it does, there is pecedent set with Tajima versus Feiya.  It's not legal precedent in the way we usually think of it, but it's persuasive at least.  These two scenarios seem to parallel each other to a great degree, assuming the china sporty is as much of a copy as some might suspect.

http://www.tajima.com/articles/details/03/14/index.html

What are everyone's thoughts on this?  Do the two scenarios seem similar or am I reading something into this that isn't really there.  I personally think they are almost carbon copy scenarios, one being an embroidery machine, the other being a screen printing machine.  I guess more needs to be known about the Chinese press and if it infringes on anything, but from the outside, it sure looks like it does.  I'll go ahead and give the benefit of the doubt though and maybe the China Sporty only looks similar to the Sportsman.

Before you go too far into the area of patent infringement, perhaps some other person of the “older persuasion” could give a run down on what happened with the first rotary automatics and who had the controlling patent and who ended up on each end of the debacle.
When there are no standards, you must make them!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
Isn't some of this about like a million monkeys with typewriters?

With that said, would you ever buy a Sorny TV? Or Reebock shoes?
Especially if it's something integral to your business?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
Surely the machine doesn't infringe on any patents, but if it does, there is pecedent set with Tajima versus Feiya.  It's not legal precedent in the way we usually think of it, but it's persuasive at least.  These two scenarios seem to parallel each other to a great degree, assuming the china sporty is as much of a copy as some might suspect.

http://www.tajima.com/articles/details/03/14/index.html

What are everyone's thoughts on this?  Do the two scenarios seem similar or am I reading something into this that isn't really there.  I personally think they are almost carbon copy scenarios, one being an embroidery machine, the other being a screen printing machine.  I guess more needs to be known about the Chinese press and if it infringes on anything, but from the outside, it sure looks like it does.  I'll go ahead and give the benefit of the doubt though and maybe the China Sporty only looks similar to the Sportsman.

Before you go too far into the area of patent infringement, perhaps some other person of the “older persuasion” could give a run down on what happened with the first rotary automatics and who had the controlling patent and who ended up on each end of the debacle.

I'm certainly not following you on that one Douglas.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.