Author Topic: Polyester White Plastisol Inks-Choices  (Read 11721 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Polyester White Plastisol Inks-Choices
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
Wilflex Performance white is the Mutts Nuts!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »

we have been using the crap out of the ICC low cure white. the hand is incredible out of the bucket. Smooth and easy to print

Is that what it's called, "Low Cure White"?

yep, item 7113, we get it from GSG.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
I'll also say I'm looking forward to trialing the HSA inks for this.  Preliminary test with standard WB inks on poly has come out very strong so if the HSA has the opacity and durability it could be a go.  The cost is just as high as high end plastisol however.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the worst named ink that I've ever heard of...horse white? :)  I think I tried some a while ago and can't remember how it performed other than I think it was very glossy/shiny.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the worst named ink that I've ever heard of...horse white? :)  I think I tried some a while ago and can't remember how it performed other than I think it was very glossy/shiny.

was it that xenon pony white or something like that? i recall it being super glossy too.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »

was it that xenon pony white or something like that? i recall it being super glossy too.

That would be the one.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
Yes.  It is called mu$t@ng White and the site filters change it.  It cures at 258 degrees and can go on nylon without an additive.  It can be made in a mat finish if desired.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 03:36:54 PM »
Wilflex Performance white is the Mutts Nuts!

I disagree Alan, I think Dog Balls White is probably the worst name ever for a white ink.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
Pony white? lol that is awesome!!! Sonny, has Xenon come up with any msds yet that are more definitive as to what is or isn't in any of the products?
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
It's the EL9074 poly/cotton ink. I'd guess it doesn't puff as much because it's for blends, but I use it on 100% as well. Printing some maroon 100% poly hoodies today. Think the screen is 150/48 but could be a 135. If I can find a spare black poly tee I'll run a couple test prints with it and post the single hit, pfp results.

Correction, I have the NPT Super Poly White.  Printing on maroon Badger 100% poly hoodies today, this is a print/flash/print/flash/top colors.  Only 20 so time flashing wasn't an issue.  In my opinion, the ink didn't puff too much, just enough through a 150/48 screen.  I probably could have just double stroked it, flash, then top colors but it wasn't worth the risk testing for such a low quantity.

Single super slow stroke on a red 100% poly badger ls tee was opaque enough but didn't fully cover the shirt, had tiny cracks in the deposit of ink telling me it wasn't thick enough.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
we haven't notices much of a puff either so far. I wonder, depending on distributors, if the mixes are altered at all. I know some of the big distributors buy in large vats, some may actually alter, not sure about that. I know the first 5 gal of street fighter we got through Rhoder, was a bit looser than the 5ers we got from Tubelight. Both distributors had in house labels printed and stuck to the buckets. Same size buckets but the Tubelite buckets were almost bursting out the top they were so full, where the Rhoder 5er had about 6" of open space. The Street fighter from Tubelite seems to be more opaque too. Makes ya wonder some times.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
If you all would just try the Wilflex Performance white, that would put an end to this thread;)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
Used performance for the pat year and a half, price jump is rediculous.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »
Used performance for the pat year and a half, price jump is rediculous.

agree, but it is awesome!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
I have Wilflex Performance White as well as Wilfex Performance Underbase Grey.

Is it ok to use standard cure temp (Wilflex Epic) inks on top of low cure temp (Wilflex Performance) inks?

Will the higher oven temp defeat the purpose of using a low cure as an underbase / bleed blocker on poly blends?
- Mark