Author Topic: Quartz bulbs for Calmat flash  (Read 11795 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Quartz bulbs for Calmat flash
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
Had an email this morning from Calmatech, the bulb I need, MW5002, would run 285 euros, which is around $406.00. I'm waiting for 9:00 am to contact Lexusa.com to see what they can do.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
I just heard back from Lamp Express. About 4 weeks or less to make them, and around $175.00 per, and I told him that we might be able to make a group purchase, to which he replied that he would be able to shave a little more off the price. So, 1600 watts, 100 volts, about 26" long, gold reflector. Mark, who gave us the Lamp Express link said that they perform great for him, so maybe we have a winner here. If the dimensions are right, who's in?

Steve

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 03:35:19 PM »
I'm in for one.

2 if the savings is worth it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
I'd take 10 if they can do $100 since I would have to replace all of them. One or two would not really help me. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
So we're at about 15 right now, let's see if it grows, then I'll get back to them to see what they can do. Thanks guys, I'll keep updating. Still, we have one for $700 already on the way, damn it.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »
How did this group shopping ended?

Did you buy from Lexusa?   I'm pretty sure original bulbs are made by Heraues (Germany).

Boris

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
Never happened. We now have a shine new MSI flash, so the leftover bulbs in the flash it replaced will be used as backups in the remaining Calmat flash, when they go down, another MSI will be purchased.

Steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
Never happened. We now have a shine new MSI flash, so the leftover bulbs in the flash it replaced will be used as backups in the remaining Calmat flash, when they go down, another MSI will be purchased.

Steve

can you comment on the differences between the two? Is it worth getting it?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »

Steve

can you comment on the differences between the two? Is it worth getting it?

pierre

I just asked my partner, and he says it's not as hot as the Calmat, flash times are slightly up, but it might be the way we use it, as we tend to use heavier underlays than most. I'm not sure if we've done a simulated process since we got it, which have a 230 underbase as a rule...

Steve

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
Lex is where I get my bulbs for my flash alot cheaper than getting them from Anatol and they seem to last longer.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!