Author Topic: A new SPAM on SPAM email.  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
A new SPAM on SPAM email.
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »
Now this is a different approach.  LOL.

WORLD BANK SWITZERLAND

SCAM VICTIMS COMPENSATION PROGRAM
FOR.2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/ 2011 / 2012
REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 06654.

AMOUNT: USD$ 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS

Dear Esteemed Beneficiary.

This office has sent many notification email to you regarding your scam victim compensation sum of USD$ 4.5 awarded to you and all other scam victims whose  EMAIL  AND  PERSONAL  INFORMATION was found in the hard disk of a  trick-star arrested  by the FBI. But we have not receive any response from you.

We were  surprise  to received an email from one  Mr. Dave Rodriguez  today, who claim that you have authorized him to claim your compensation money sum of USD$ 4.5 on your behalf. Are you aware of this person?

We urgently await your response to this mail before this office kick start the fund release procedure.

Yours in service,

Mr. Andy Williams

Andy-Williams@accountant.com
WORLD BANK SWITZERLAND
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: A new SPAM on SPAM email.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
  You know it's spam... Andy Williams is dead.  :'(

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »
@accountant.com sounds legit, I'm emailing this guy right now, I want my money.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
how hard would it be to track these guys down? I mean for a little redneck justice, not legal intervention.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »
I've got a fish on the hook right now.  It's the classic over charge the credit card and send them a money order for the over charge since the shipping company doesn't take CC's :)  I can't believe people still fall for this crap.  How did it happen more than once or twice is beyond me.  I've got the CC # coming today so I'll turn it in to the CC company so they can figure out where the breach happened and then take one more card # from their arsenal.  Then I'm going to string this guy along for as long as I can.  Any ideas as to what and how we should waste as much time of his as possible?  I want them to get as close as possible to getting the money only to have the rug pulled out from under them.  I know that nothing will ever be done to these people but I'm entertained, so there's that.

A guy that works here used to work for a Honda ATV/Motorcycle dealership and he said that back in the 80's he made a big sell for some generators to Guatemala and the whole shop was so pumped that they sold 30 generators to one person and they charged the CC, shipped the generators and the rest of the story is history. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »
Just for shits and giggles see if you can get them to send you a picture of themselves for your records or verification.  Whatever terminology you want to use.  Have them hold a sign with some stupid saying on it.  I have seen this done before, it is very funny.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »
Just for shits and giggles see if you can get them to send you a picture of themselves for your records or verification.  Whatever terminology you want to use.  Have them hold a sign with some stupid saying on it.  I have seen this done before, it is very funny.

I am going to do this.  I'll see if I can get him to send a pic of him holding up a hand sign of some sort along with something embarrasing that they might not know is ridiculous.  Any suggestions on the sign or gesture?

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:31 AM »
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »
OMG!!!!! DO NOT click on that link at work unless you are a boss! Absolutely hilarious stuff on there! Watch  out for coffee shooting from your nose! I LOVE this thread! Mebbe have them mime "I'm a little teapot" ROTFLMAO!
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »
Lots of good ones here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm

Ahh, yes. Old "Shiver Metimbers" at work . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
That is the website that gives me all my ideas.    ;)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
I would just keep tell them the cards are declined and asking for more.  Burn through however many they have stolen before they get wise, passing them along to fraud departments as they are sent to you.  The idea of having them verify with a picture is hilarious too, but might make them look elsewhere for an easier mark.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
I've got 2 card #'s already, who do I contact as a merchant with a supposed stolen card?  I've found info on calling if I have lost or have my personal card stolen but can't find the right place to contact from a business that might have accepted a stolen card.  I'm going to see how many #'s he'll give me.  He's called twice already so I don't know how many more times he'll fall for it but I'm trying.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Oh yeah, heavy Somalian or Nigerian accent.  Heck of a nice guy too :), I almost feel bad...almost.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
Every credit card company should have a fraud department, but you may have to call the general contact number to get transferred.