Author Topic: M&R I Image STE - Installed  (Read 22352 times)

Offline Alex M

• !!!
Re: M&R I Image STE - Installed
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »
All imaging equipment should be linearized. Nothing will out put a true dot from the box, each piece of equipment needs to be told what to print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:01 PM »
All imaging equipment should be linearized. Nothing will out put a true dot from the box, each piece of equipment needs to be told what to print.

Alex,

do you take the densitometer from the imaged screen to test values or a printed shirt from a screen that was produced from the i image?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Ideally everything should be done from the shirt. the issue with this is all the variables in the print shop.
When we linearize our units we use the prints from the I-image.
Most of the time customers want our techs to match an existing unit and not truly linearize the unit. This is due mostly to re orders/vendors they have been producing for.

Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
So I just wanted to give this I Image STE a major shout out today....... Attached is a pic of a design that I am printing today.... I had to do the seps real quick on this so seps could have been better but all in all turned out really good...... So here's where the I Image ste kicked major ass for us on this job..... From the time I saved the seps from my computer to the ste, I started my stop watch..... Then I stopped my stop watch once I printed the first shirt that was in registration. This is an 8 color print so I had to make all 8 screens, tape them, etc..... Total time making screens, setting up on press, etc = 38 minutes

Prior to dts/ i image ste this would have taken us hours.... Just to print these films on an epson we would have been looking at close to an hour!

That is frickin crazy! In the last 2 weeks I have been thinking about going this route more and more as we are beginning to have a bit of a bottleneck at the exposure unit. Nothing terrible, but we should upgrade soon.

Danny, do you have a drying cabinet or something? How do you get your screens ready to block out and set up so quickly?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
So I just wanted to give this I Image STE a major shout out today....... Attached is a pic of a design that I am printing today.... I had to do the seps real quick on this so seps could have been better but all in all turned out really good...... So here's where the I Image ste kicked major ass for us on this job..... From the time I saved the seps from my computer to the ste, I started my stop watch..... Then I stopped my stop watch once I printed the first shirt that was in registration. This is an 8 color print so I had to make all 8 screens, tape them, etc..... Total time making screens, setting up on press, etc = 38 minutes

Prior to dts/ i image ste this would have taken us hours.... Just to print these films on an epson we would have been looking at close to an hour!

That is frickin crazy! In the last 2 weeks I have been thinking about going this route more and more as we are beginning to have a bit of a bottleneck at the exposure unit. Nothing terrible, but we should upgrade soon.

Danny, do you have a drying cabinet or something? How do you get your screens ready to block out and set up so quickly?

The amount of setups we are doing a day is actually pretty mind blowing right now and it's all because the i image ste...... I will post some sim process stuff tomorrow to check out the dot but we are getting very good results with it......

As far as screen drying, on this particular job since I was in a super rush to get it on press I just dried the screens with air as soon as I developed them.... Since we never have pin holes in our shop(combination of auto coating, nice clean screens, and no glass to exposure through) I don't even have blockout in my shop anymore..... Screens get air dried off, then taped up if we are in a hurry but if it's normal stuff the screens go outside if it's warm enough or in front of a fan on a rack if its cold/wet outside.

Honestly anyone that can justify dts really needs to go down that road as it will change the way your shop works(for the better)......... Our I Image ste has not missed a beat since we dialed it in. Today we made a new record of almost 145 screens(just 1 guy and he also stretched almost 20 screens on the l2 today as well)......I'd bet if we had the volume we could do double what we are without even busting a sweat.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
What is the footprint of the unit? even though we do not make mass volumes of screens we are looking hard at this product to up or quality of prints and make the through put of screens increase with out adding additional labor. Unfortunately our shop space is maxed out, I am concerned we will not have adequate room for the unit.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
T-Formation is selling their I-Screen CTS asking 15K BTW

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 12:54:26 PM »
Just had a quick conversation with my floor manager. He told me the last six jobs he set up were dead nuts on, NO MICROS. Came off the STE. 4-7 color jobs. Damn, I love good systems.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
Just had a quick conversation with my floor manager. He told me the last six jobs he set up were dead nuts on, NO MICROS. Came off the STE. 4-7 color jobs. Damn, I love good systems.

No micros is a bunch of time savings in itself.  That time saved will pay for that machine quick.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 03:03:07 PM »
Even though all that equipment you guys are talking about would be overkill for us being a two person shop setup with no micro would be dam nice!!!!.  I can see moving from job to job without all that eyeballing and test print after test print.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »
We went all last thursday and friday without touching a micro.......... In those two days we setup 212 screens, not bad for a 2 auto shop with 5 guys.... LOL

Danny Gruninger

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
I'd say outstanding. A little clarification. I think Danny does a lot of Sim Process. We do almost nothing but (boring ass) spot color with butt register. No traps. So it works great with both kinds of artwork.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »
I love going entire days without touching a micro, it's a great feeling.  When I'm running the press it happens more often than not and that saves so much time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
We went all last thursday and friday without touching a micro.......... In those two days we setup 212 screens, not bad for a 2 auto shop with 5 guys.... LOL
Drop your numbers down. Nobody will believe you! LOL!
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
LOL, still haven't touched a micro!....... Dave, my ch3 press hasn't seen a spot color job since last weds LOL....... We have run 13 sim process jobs in a row on that press!

Danny Gruninger