Author Topic: How do I save a custom brush set for a previous Illustrator version?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Boldline

I have a few brush sets created in Illustrator CS5 or above that I purchased/came across and I was trying to open them in Illustrator CS4 (the version I use) and it tells me they were created in higher versions of Illustrator and data loss may occur if opened...I open it and it does not give me any brushes.
So I am trying to find a way to save the brush set as a CS4 compatible file and have not figured it out yet. When I go to save a brush set there is no "down-save" option to prep it for lower versions of Illustrator. It just saves it out immediately. Any ideas?
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
No ideas off hand.  I've opened and used old settings in newer program versions, but never tried opening newer presets in older versions. I would check on the actual Adobe site forum to get answers like that. More people have tried there.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850