Author Topic: Anyone using InkSoft?  (Read 6560 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: Anyone using InkSoft?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 01:38:07 PM »
We decided to jump in after looking at it for a couple of years.  We are looking at it as a way to get into some other areas like schools, where people don't mind setting up their own art.  We have virtually no web presence so it is a way to get started.   They are beta testing for embroidery right now and should be ready by the end of the year.  Inksoft was honest about the time it will take to get it up and running.

check the post above yours! I have no bone to pick with them and would actually love to use it, but am yet to see one satisfied customer. Yes, I said ONE!!!

If we can get somebody here with a positive experience, it would help understand what needs to be done to make it work.

pierre

What was a really nice "sales team" to deal with when we first got signed up, showed little support through the whole thing. I can say, they have their seo working well. But if customers have issues using the designer becuase it takes 10 years to load up, you lose out on them to custom ink or other popular established online companies. After you start adding products and have the issues getting them to sync, you will see. Not to mention, it was like fighting off a dragon when we tried to disconnect, someone actually got nasty with us about it, saying it was our fault that people had a hard time using the online designer. "that makes no sense". It may work for some folks, but I can honestly say, 2 years of having it active, advertising some seriously sick deals on the scrolling banners, and people would end up calling the shop to handle the design idea and or come in to do the sale because of problems with the quoting tool, or uploading their art ect. I was really sold on the archive of pre-made graphics, but it was even a pain in the tail for me to log into my own account and render an eps file to download and use. We still own the license, and if were to ever go active, it would be more for static product stores, but honestly we don't have the time that it takes in their interface to set one up. For us, it was 2 years at close to 200 bucks a month and the $1,000.00 initial license purchase waisted. We could have had a really nice custom site built for that. Maybe not an online designer interfaced, but we saw that's not the direction we wanted to go. The shops having serious, and I mean "serious" success with online design and purchase interfaces are shops that have an infrastructure dedicated to websales having full support, because let's be honest, most joe blow customers have very little knowlege in the graphic department, and uploading cruddy jpegs and expecting accurate quotes can be difficut, so you really need to be ready for totall support of a system that goes online 24/7.

Just my 2cent  ;D

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com