Author Topic: i-Image in the house!  (Read 33623 times)

Offline islandtees

Re: i-Image in the house!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »
During busy season we were doing 180 screens a day in one shift on average on our 2 head STE. Didn't beak a sweat.

Thats more than we do in a week right now.  So we should have zero trouble haha.
This is interesting to me. You do 180 screens a week, do you feel you will get a good ROI with the price of those units.
180 screens isn't a lot but not just a few.
Just curious as I would like to get one. We do about the same as you that's why Im asking. We are very efficient with work flow with our
Large Amergraph and films.

Re read what Dave posted..... He does 180 screens a day
Reread my post, wasn't talking about Dave. I was talking about Graphic Disorder.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
During busy season we were doing 180 screens a day in one shift on average on our 2 head STE. Didn't beak a sweat.

Thats more than we do in a week right now.  So we should have zero trouble haha.
This is interesting to me. You do 180 screens a week, do you feel you will get a good ROI with the price of those units.
180 screens isn't a lot but not just a few.
Just curious as I would like to get one. We do about the same as you that's why Im asking. We are very efficient with work flow with our
Large Amergraph and films.

Re read what Dave posted..... He does 180 screens a day
Reread my post, wasn't talking about Dave. I was talking about Graphic Disorder.

We don't even do 180 a week. I bought quality of life... I am not sure what the ROI is on the time spent at work vs at home or doing what I really want to do....but your gonna need more than a fancy spreadsheet for that one.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »
 ::)

Hopefully there will be a few CTS's's's's's's's at the ISS Ft. Worth this year because last year there was...wait for it....1 for me to look at.

I'm sure we all remember the 11 month ROI thread and that famous CTS.  That thing must be practically printing money by now...lucky.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

Hopefully there will be a few CTS's's's's's's's at the ISS Ft. Worth this year because last year there was...wait for it....1 for me to look at.

I'm sure we all remember the 11 month ROI thread and that famous CTS.  That thing must be practically printing money by now...lucky.

alan, come over next month!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »

Good ole Sam.  Some suggest that ROI doesn't matter at all, they would never live with out it again.  Those are powerful statements from guys like Bim, Danny, and Dirk.  Do you have a column for that on your fancy ROI sheet? 

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »
Here is the bottom line. This is one piece of gear that you take ROI and throw in the crapper, it does not matter!!! If you are busy enough to need an auto, a CTS is what you need to make that auto even more efficient. We've had our I-Image 2 years now, there is NO FREAKIN WAY, you could get me back to using films. I don't care how many scenarios you throw at it, until you own one, or work with one for a couple days, you have no idea what an amazing addition one of these is to your shop. You will surely see savings in almost every aspect. Doing ours as a payment option instead of an all up front payment, we just sent out the last payment. It's actually just under 2 years, if my memory is working right after such a hot day in here, we had our I-Image installed in December of 2012. So we were able to see it pay for it's self 3 years faster than we were able to do on our 6 head Tajima and DBack leases. The only calculation anyone who is running an automated shop needs to make is, which model and how fast can you have it delivered. You will not regret adding the tech. I only wish we did it a year or so sooner. Heck we are already thinking next year we will outgrow this one and need to get into an ST, so that shows us how great of a decision we made. I'm glad Rich called me and steered me away from just buying a new film printer and RIP like I was originally looking at and put me on this. Brandt, prepare to take Monday and instead of it being just a day to do set ups, a day of set ups and printing, you will see!!, That is if you still schedule like that, I remember you mentioning that in a past thread recently. Anyways congrats, and welcome to the Rocket Launcher posse!!  ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
Brandt, prepare to take Monday and instead of it being just a day to do set ups, a day of set ups and printing, you will see!!, That is if you still schedule like that, I remember you mentioning that in a past thread recently. Anyways congrats, and welcome to the Rocket Launcher posse!!  ;D

This is exactly what we are trying to do.  We are at the point we need to print more jobs, we need to output faster to do that.  Simple as that.  We will be like most of our stuff in excess capacity which is great to have that problem then not be able to go faster because of some bottle neck. Our shop is running with 8 people today, sorted 48 boxes today via UPS..... we are not exactly slow here.  We also paid cash for the CTS.  :D 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
Brandt, prepare to take Monday and instead of it being just a day to do set ups, a day of set ups and printing, you will see!!, That is if you still schedule like that, I remember you mentioning that in a past thread recently. Anyways congrats, and welcome to the Rocket Launcher posse!!  ;D

This is exactly what we are trying to do.  We are at the point we need to print more jobs, we need to output faster to do that.  Simple as that.  We will be like most of our stuff in excess capacity which is great to have that problem then not be able to go faster because of some bottle neck. Our shop is running with 8 people today, sorted 48 boxes today via UPS..... we are not exactly slow here.  We also paid cash for the CTS.  :D

Boy you must be printing a lot to pay for all of this stuff. What's the impression count on your new press at these days?

ROI isn't everything for sure. But having a machine that pays for itself (vs. some "alternate" funding paying for it) is.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »

Boy you must be printing a lot to pay for all of this stuff. What's the impression count on your new press at these days?

ROI isn't everything for sure. But having a machine that pays for itself (vs. some "alternate" funding paying for it) is.

Around 70k impressions last I looked. No means are we a big shop. Just goes to show you if my itty bitty shop can afford this type of stuff so can the big ones who run ROI's so often their fingers are blistered.  Some of you could about afford a DTS just on the wasted time discussing it on the internet.  Food for thought.

No alternative funding here bud, but whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel better about it is fine by me. 

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »
Some of you could about afford a DTS just on the wasted time discussing it on the internet.

this ^^^^

we turn between 50-80 screens a week... and are very close to pulling the trigger.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Some of you could about afford a DTS just on the wasted time discussing it on the internet.

this ^^^^

we turn between 50-80 screens a week... and are very close to pulling the trigger.

We do a little bit more, and man it's been so helpful!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 06:18:56 PM »
I'm 100% positive that it will help us to do more right now.. our slowest part is job registration.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »

this ^^^^

We do a little bit more, and man it's been so helpful!

So you wouldn't do with out one now? 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »

Good ole Sam.  Some suggest that ROI doesn't matter at all, they would never live with out it again.  Those are powerful statements from guys like Bim, Danny, and Dirk.  Do you have a column for that on your fancy ROI sheet? 

I don't have a fancy ROI sheet and why would I need to add a column about statements from guys that I respect about a technology that I like?  Is this another thread where you pee on people's shoes and tell them it's raining?  Or one that you try and convince us you're a genius because you bought a jackhammer to hammer a few nails?  Sometimes I feel like Kenny Powers is on this forum.       

And for those who may not know or remember correctly about my CTS argument, it was simply that Sam's supposed ROI was BS, along with a bunch of other claims that were made I might add.  He left a lot of things out of his argument and never told the whole story.     

So let's make this clear once and for all:  I believe CTS is the greatest technology the screen printing industry has seen in 20 years.  I DON'T BELIEVE that a shop that was doing 15 screens a day could see an ROI of 11 months on a $30-50K machine unless they were INCREDIBLY inefficient at pre-press and setup.  And I feel more than just a little vindicated in my argument these days.  Seems I was right about a lot of things but who's keeping score?

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
Around 70k impressions last I looked.

You're the king of the internet. Pics or it didn't happen....