Author Topic: SGIA  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: SGIA
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
Hold on to your hats!!!!!!!!!!!!  The mighty Brent Fisk will be roaming the floor of the show.  Tell him I said buy you a beer.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 11:54:07 PM »
Danny, you may opt to just run another small order of 72 more of those turtles on the boards and just sell them at cost at least cuz you know everyone's gonna want one. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 06:44:35 AM »
Will you be there Dan C?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
Murakami is at booth 3960, stop by and say hello, look forward to seeing any forum members and talking shop.
Al
Murakami Screen
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 03:23:49 PM »
So I made a brief appearance at SGIA. I never get enough time to see everyone and everything I want to see. spend a solid day trying to get three days of stuff done. Failed. It was great seeing the few people from here that I got to see. Pierre, Megan, Alex, it was great to meet you all (Sorry Greg, you're old news) I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a few years, too. This was more of a trip to see my old friends and make some new ones. Looking at equipment was secondary, but I did see some new things. Sondra with SGIA opened my eyes to things my company is missing out on being a member, but that's for another thread.

I'm curious. Those who went....what did YOU think?  (leave your comments about me out of this, please  ;D )
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
I was there, sorry I didn't see you.  I spent most of my time in the M&R booth discussing future and immediate plans.  I did get to meet and hang out with Danny for at least an hour on Friday.  Cool dude, amazing story, and amazing advice, hope I could offer him something one day.  Truth is, he is so far ahead of most already though.  CCI booth was cool, I did find out that they will be offer the full set of pantone colors RFU.  Met Mr. Buffington at the Murakami booth.  We had a great time and even had a chance to get out to LA for a day.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
This was more of a trip to see my old friends and make some new ones. Looking at equipment was secondary,

That is pretty much what the shows mean to me now. Being around friends who print, other printers, talking about printing and just being there.
That new piece of equipment is the bonus prize.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »
it was great meeting Dave and Danny, 'seeing old friends. As already mentioned, SGIA show is all about networking.
Stryker still has me thinking (new M&R oval).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
It was my first SGIA, and in terms of it being a "good show for TEXTILE screen printers" I give it a solid 6. There was a ton of stuff there but I'm not in the market for a 50' inkjet printer. Long Beach is a way better show if you are not into signs.

Great to meet Dave finally, easy to see why everyone has nothing but good things to say about him.

Probably the neatest thing I thought was the monster M&R refers to as the Sprint 3000. They weren't messing around when they made that sucker! My only real concern(and be it a uneducated one) would be putting a shirt with HD inks, puffs and maybe HSA inks on it with how it flips the shirt. Still a sweet idea of a dryer.

Brown, yes Brown, had a new dryer that Kornit was actually using at their booth. That was unexpected and something that I didn't expect!

The Aaeon big green DTG printer was there but as what seems to be a theme with that printer at shows, it was not working/printing the 7 times we went by to watch it. Anyone at the show see it working?

It was good to see people and network like was already said, and damn that sun and warm air felt nice for a guy from MN!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 06:45:28 PM »
TCT, I was curious too and on the website they have 2 versions it looks like.

http://www.mrprint.com/en/Textile%20Screen%20Printing%20Equipment/Conveyor%20Dryers%20%E2%80%93%20Electric%20&%20Gas/Gas%20Screen%20Printing%20Conveyor%20Dryers#subdept24

3000 and 3000T which is the version you are talking about, but I understand your concern.
Shane

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »

http://www.mrprint.com/en/Textile%20Screen%20Printing%20Equipment/Conveyor%20Dryers%20%E2%80%93%20Electric%20&%20Gas/Gas%20Screen%20Printing%20Conveyor%20Dryers#subdept24

3000 and 3000T which is the version you are talking about, but I understand your concern.
Shane
The ink is no problem. We have ran thousands through with no issues. Now big sweats and hoodies that is another story. The 3000 T stands for triple belt. 3000 is the new and upgraded 2000. Just a FYI.
Rich Hoffman

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
and the 3000 is awesome, no more belt speed!  all touch panel, maintenance messages so know one forgets, easy clean out.  I wish I didn't recently buy a new 2000!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »

Shane
The ink is no problem. We have ran thousands through with no issues. Now big sweats and hoodies that is another story. The 3000 T stands for triple belt. 3000 is the new and upgraded 2000. Just a FYI.

Ahhhhhhhhh, understood! The triple belt one I was talking about.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com