Author Topic: Laser Printer? Ink Jet or both for film positives?  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Laser Printer? Ink Jet or both for film positives?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »
We dumped our ScreenWriter 3 a number of years ago once we started with our 1400, it really made no sense to use both. We liked it very much for the few years we had it, but once we saw the inkjet it was a no brainer. We use a 3800 now.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
Ink Jet. We have an Epson 3000 still in use here and I just sent another one out to get refurbed.
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »
When I first got into this business many years ago I had a laser Cannon printer using vellum, you couldn't tell me nothing back then, until I saw an article in a now defunc mag The Press I think that's what it was called.  David Crain had this film called posjet using an epson 3000 and a epson 1450 doing seps and said you could almost get imagesetter type film for less, long story short I bought some film and the epson and been printing every since plus I still use one of cadlinks first sep program's for screen printers call Photoscript 7 still going strong.  Pierre is right go inkjet, your still going to have a problem here and there but not the registration problems you'll have with vellum and a laser plus you want have to tile large images...largest vellum sheets I ever got was 11x17 inkjet 17x22 and much larger.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »
  I have a Xante FilmMaker 4 which for the last 5 years been a paperweight sitting
next to my Epson 3000.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

They are so heavy they will crush paper as a paperweight.

That Xante is the same as our Gcc that we now use for laser on white business paper only.
They won't even sell us a fuser any more it's so old. We just dump powder in the end and print on.

Epson 1900 here working wonderful for years.
I was skeptical going to ink jet using laser for so many years, but the rip is the key.