Author Topic: Ryonet Micro registration heads and weak shocks?  (Read 3916 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ryonet Micro registration heads and weak shocks?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »
Sounds like to me Frog he is printing on a shoestring budget which is the norm for most of us starting out, but a steady work flow he'll upgrade quickly.  I would use bungee cords also rather than replacing those gas shocks which can cost a pretty penny.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:19:48 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
I just wanted suggestions to be practical. No sense in recommending a Boxter to someone on a Miata budget.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 08:09:10 PM »
You can save thousands by purchasing a mildly used press. I would go with 6/6 or 6/4 . I have a R Jennings I really like it, I think I paid $3000 for a three year old press, before that I had a Richardson 4 color and before that a silver press. Buy what you can afford but get get the best one in your range. I liked  Anatec, Jennings, Vastex,  and M&R all hold great registration and are solidly built.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »
I would continue to work on what you have while looking for a new press. I had a silver press and then upgraded to a Riley Hopkins I found for 1500. I didn't really like it, so continued to look while I used it. And found a vastex someone was just trying to get rid off and bought it for 1500 while I sold the Riley for 1500. Small budget can work if you can take the time to shop around

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »
I've always shot for 60% of new, for stuff in great shape but a few years old.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
Roger, does your Jennings press hold registration?

I've never even seen one, but I heard that complaint about them once. Perhaps it was unwarranted...

Just curious.

Thanks!

Stan

Offline J-Man

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
I installed the micro units on my silver press and now my arms sometimes fall during printing. I think the shocks are not strong enough for these heavier micro registration heads. Anyone else had this issue?

If your arms are falling during printing your shocks may just be worn out, how old is your press? You can pick up new shocks direct from Ryonet for about $20 a piece.

If you'd rather upgrade to the next step up for a press, check out the Riley Hopkins JR line - it's a cross between the full size Riley's and the old silver press. Springs are way stronger than the silver press shocks ever were, comes with super dialed in micros out of the gate and you get almost all of the benefits of a full size Riley, in a more compact package, much lower price point, and lifetime warranty.

4x2 - $1,199
4x4 - $1,599
6x2 - $1,599
6x4 - $1,999

Riley JR blows every other press out of the water in terms of build quality and price. PM me if you're interested or even if you just need new shocks to tune up the ol' silver press.

Josh Manfredi
Ryonet | Screen Printing Super Nerd
www.screenprinting.com