Author Topic: Sorry I need to blow off some steam.  (Read 3089 times)

Offline studog

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
  • I am back
Re: Sorry I need to blow off some steam.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
The problem with making one is we are so busy I can not afford to slow down. If I do I lose good steady paying clients. We are growing each month in work, new good clients, that if I had to try and train someone, and printing is not my background even though I have learned it pretty fast, who would train and do the sales and other things I do that is making the company grow? Yes I know there is no correct answer but if I could hire the right person they would have a fun place to work, make more than the average in their position locally, and have a job for the next 20 years, with no stimulus $$ from the government.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Sorry I need to blow off some steam.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
I agree that finding a good printer might not be the right way to go about it, make one.  We've done it both ways, hired people with experience then we've hired with no experience.  The one's without experience have turned out way better overall and much easier to manage when it comes to doing things the right way.  Over the last year or so, I've managed to find my way into more than a few local shops and I am absolutely amazed by all the dumb stuff I see printers doing, and most of these printers have been doing this for way longer than I have.  They've been taught bad habits, or perhaps they've read the wrong book, I don't know.  But I see way too many people double stroking black ink onto a white shirt and know that this industry is inundated with bad habits and techniques and I wouldn't want any of those people in my shop. 

Sorry for the rant, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but damn people, it doesn't have to be that hard.  Thanks for reading.

That post made me realize that I don't have bad habits... I'm just a bad printer.  No habits formed yet. :)