Author Topic: Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye- SAVE THE DATE  (Read 28171 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye- SAVE THE DATE
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 11:41:54 PM »
I'll pony up for a copy of the .mp3 file.
I imagine quite a few could be sold. If you throw a video camera in there that is basically what Lon Winters did on one of the $100 DVD's they sell.

As the originator of this wonderful idea, I will gladly accept free admission for the weekend! ;D

I could bring my recording gear for free admission and maybe a small cut or better yet a "free" trip to come and consult at my shop at a later date. :)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2015, 12:12:21 AM »
I really wish I could make this work. For any one on the fence of going, it is impossible to sit near either Greg or Richard and not walk away learning something. I can only imagine how educationally informative this will be.

If DVD's are made, I will definitely buy one. I'm really hoping this will be an option.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »
I'll pony up for a copy of the .mp3 file.
I imagine quite a few could be sold. If you throw a video camera in there that is basically what Lon Winters did on one of the $100 DVD's they sell.

As the originator of this wonderful idea, I will gladly accept free admission for the weekend! ;D

I could bring my recording gear for free admission and maybe a small cut or better yet a "free" trip to come and consult at my shop at a later date. :)

Great ideas and offers of assistance however as the initial event of what I hope will become a series of ....@Minds Eye events I am trying to concentrate on bigger picture logistics to deliver a premium event.

We have recently upgraded our internet to fiber OMG speed, if we get what they promised, with mid/long range plans of web-casting these events live in addition to the audio/video/DVD .mp4 format you get from current ISS events.

With that said, if you want to record for personal use at this event, that is up to you.  I will be requiring each participant to sign a media release as part of their participation that will allow use of their images, interactive participation and class conversation while attending the event for all purposes.

The presentation content is the intellectual property of the presenter and I am not prepared to argue the moral/legal/ethics of bootlegged audio at this time so the guideline will be "Play Nice".

Thanks for all the enthusiasm and allowing me time to get my prep work done properly.

Just a note to anyone flying into Fort Wayne, we are only 20 minutes from the airport but it is potentially a $100 cab ride to our shop.  We will help with carpool arrangements/groups as we get closer to the event.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2015, 07:55:06 AM »
" I will be requiring each participant to sign a media release as part of their participation that will allow use of their images, interactive participation and class conversation while attending the event for all purposes."

Whoa, that's REALLY going to mess with "someone's" Witness Protection Program. Will face be blurred and voiced freakishly altered? Maybe I they could wear a fake mustache at least? No alcohol on premises, video and audio recording? You're making this tough now.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:08 AM »
Let me know when that
We have recently upgraded our internet to fiber OMG speed, if we get what they promised, with mid/long range plans of web-casting these events live in addition to the audio/video/DVD .mp4 format you get from current ISS events.
~Kitson

Let me know when that is ready to happen.  We will likely have a Ustream/Livestream hardware encoder by then which would allow you to stream 1080p directly to one of those streaming services.

Offline GKitson

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »
Monday Morning update,

Several more agenda & logistic details fell into place over the weekend.

I am still waiting on confirmation of some food and 'other' stuff before I publish the agenda.

Registration and housing info should be posted here yet today with a complete agenda soon after I receive replies from all my e-mail inquires.

Still have 5 seats left as of this morning, if you want to get in line let me know soon.

Several of you have added additional staff members to your previous communication as you are trying to get more bang for your Greaves on Garments investments.

Thanks for your patience,

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »
To all,

Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye registration form and travel information attached.

Agenda and additional details to follow.

We currently have 25 of 30 seats preliminary reserved.  I will hold those spots through end of day Wednesday the 25th of March, after that I start taking reservations in the order I receive completed signed registration forms by e-mail or fax.  You will receive a confirmation receipt after your CC is processed.

Best,

Kitson
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:47:16 PM by GKitson »
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
'just booked the room with the hotel, sending the paperwork to Greg. So I am in!

pierre

p.s. that's assuming Greg does not turn my application down!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
Just sent my registration... booking the hotel now.

-J

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 03:20:35 PM »
fyi to anyone else getting a hotel room...

you have to call the hotel directly at the 260 #... the call center at the toll-free number doesn't know anything about the special rate, and will try to sell you some extra vacation plan nonsense or rental car or other crap.

Offline GKitson

Kitson
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »
fyi to anyone else getting a hotel room...

you have to call the hotel directly at the 260 #... the call center at the toll-free number doesn't know anything about the special rate, and will try to sell you some extra vacation plan nonsense or rental car or other crap.

Thanks for that tidbit of information I just modified the housing information with a note about calling the hotel directly.

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »
I sent in the registration to Greg.
If someone is interested to split the cost of the hotel for Thursday and Friday, let me know.
Also, if coming from Cleveland, we can ride together too. I will just need to leave around Noon on Saturday (that is a big probability, but maybe not)

Let me know.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
eta on agenda? I can't convince anyone to go without knowing what we may learn?

thanks

Offline GKitson

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »
eta on agenda? I can't convince anyone to go without knowing what we may learn?

thanks

Agenda is being finalized however it will deal more with when we are going to eat and take breaks than with the flow of the Greaves on Garments presentation content.

I have an 8 page double spaced document that is Richards free association list of thoughts and topics that will translate into demonstrations, photo's, discussion bullet points that will cover everything from how to answer the phone to what happens when your customers checks bounce.

He will deal with real life production floor scenarios in huge 24/7 shops dealing with the 8000 lb gorilla customers such as the shoe companies, Uncle Walt's favorite mouse, and Hollywood memorabilia restaurants.  He will also be including Joe's Bar and Grill customers on the corner in your hometown sporting goods store with a 4/c manual press that cleans screens in the car wash early in the morning so the car wash owner does not see him doing it.

Working with Richard is like going to the biggest Roller Coaster amusement park where every ride does not disappoint, it is about the airtime where you feel weightless for a glorious moment but know what you are learning will make you better at what you do. 

Should have the event outline done yet today, Richard will be adding value right up to the last minute on Saturday afternoon as he crafts your questions into an incredible learning experience.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2015, 12:58:43 PM »
Agenda is being finalized however it will deal more with when we are going to eat and take breaks than with the flow of the Greaves on Garments presentation content.

I have an 8 page double spaced document that is Richards free association list of thoughts and topics that will translate into demonstrations, photo's, discussion bullet points that will cover everything from how to answer the phone to what happens when your customers checks bounce.

He will deal with real life production floor scenarios in huge 24/7 shops dealing with the 8000 lb gorilla customers such as the shoe companies, Uncle Walt's favorite mouse, and Hollywood memorabilia restaurants.  He will also be including Joe's Bar and Grill customers on the corner in your hometown sporting goods store with a 4/c manual press that cleans screens in the car wash early in the morning so the car wash owner does not see him doing it.

Working with Richard is like going to the biggest Roller Coaster amusement park where every ride does not disappoint, it is about the airtime where you feel weightless for a glorious moment but know what you are learning will make you better at what you do. 

Should have the event outline done yet today, Richard will be adding value right up to the last minute on Saturday afternoon as he crafts your questions into an incredible learning experience.

~Kitson

If there were a drooling smiley, I would place it here.

EDIT by BM: here you go!

EDIT by sqslabs: haha perfect, thanks pierre!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:29:28 PM by sqslabs »
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL