Author Topic: Potential DIY registration system  (Read 5489 times)

Offline SI

• !!!
Re: Potential DIY registration system
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 05:39:01 PM »
My dad is a CNC supplier for Roctech machines in the united states, so i do have an unfair advantage on having access to the machines I set up three stops on an extra platen I have, side clamps on the anatol, then drew up the stops in Aspire and cut three templates for the three size frames i have.  bought some transparencies from staples and a 3 hole punch, basically going to use a pin carrier sheet type thing, on the anatol they should go in the press the exact same place every single time on the left hand side, so the centerline should never change i am hoping.

Just cut these out of MDF last night, doing my first test tomorrow.  If they all work i will redo them all out of some blank aluminum, there is a little flex in the MDF so i will have to be careful how much i wedge the screen against the stops

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
Re: Potential DIY registration system
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 07:53:31 PM »

Maybe an over simplification but why not simply make a "spacer piece" that registers off your system like your larger frames and compensates for the size difference. So to use it instead of placing your screen against the stops yo place the spacer (filler piece) against the stops and register the smaller screen against the inner second set of stops on the spacer piece

This is a great idea Mooseman. I was thinking of having a removable side stop for the small frames, but I think your idea will give more predictable results since a removable stop might not always relocate precisely.

Again possibly an oversimplification but why not simply run films that combine all your gang designs onto one sheet by color and simply register it as if it were one bigger design?

I think what you're saying is what I am already doing: both prints on one film, aligned and taped once.
The thing with rego on press is that it would work for one design but the frames will be rotated for the opposing design and pressing against the pallet bump stops in different places to the fpu.
I figure this just simply requires placing each design separate during taping to save time at press setup. It's less of an issue to me than the problem above.

Thanks for your input.