Author Topic: Cheap vs Cheap  (Read 1170 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Cheap vs Cheap
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:29:56 PM »
Ok had a customer come in looking for shirt's one of there partners had already came in for pricing, then they say if I know my partner they ask for cheap shirts, we don't won't cheap shirts, but in the same sentence ask for cheap v-neck shirts WTF!!.  People don't realize the dumb stuff they say when trying to get a price on shirts and say that chit with a straight face ???
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cheap vs Cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »
I tell people the shirt is always the cheapest part to the equation. My knowledge and time to decorate it is the expensive part.  There's no such thing as a "cheaper shirt", just people willing to sell their knowledge a little lower than the next guy....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
I tell people the shirt is always the cheapest part to the equation. My knowledge and time to decorate it is the expensive part.  There's no such thing as a "cheaper shirt", just people willing to sell their knowledge a little lower than the next guy....

I'm stealing this

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:20:36 PM »
I tell 'em they're all cheap shirts, some just cost more than others! (look at AA sometimes to see that price indicates popularity rather than quality)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »
The American Apparel pricing is mostly based on the USA manufacturing than popularity, even the USA-made tees that we buy from no name brands end up in that same pricing tier. 

Homer, I like that description, it's totally true and a good way to describe it!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
Hey Rob, it's nice to see you come out of hiding after a year here.  Post away!  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
We never sell on shirt price anyway, we sell what Jay said our knowledge and skill, hell I told my wife today we should run an ad saying Free T-shirts all you pay for is the setup and printing ;D

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!