Author Topic: I missed the city name and phone number on a 36 shirt job...  (Read 5807 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: I missed the city name and phone number on a 36 shirt job...
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
My problem with the extra screen, is that since my method works for me, I find making another screen way more trouble and expensive than a hunk of cardboard!

what we would do is reburn the entire screen, blockout with clear tape the area we don't want to print and then line up from that. That could be what Steve means...

I thought about that, but thought when you press down any on the taped over text for lineup and get ink on your fingers from previous swipes it could be messy.  That's why I was leaning towards the two.

Andy, I thought about your method and if it works for you, bonus.  I just didn't think I'd get that to work.  Last time I tried cardboard under some nylon bags, it was tragic, lol.  I know shirts are not bags, but my vote was on the screens.

That's also how I print above pockets, and inside tie-dye sunbursts.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 06:40:34 PM »
I like to use a piece of the real thin wood, I think it's called masonite for printing pockets.

For fixing prints I have a frame I made a few years ago with no mesh that I tied several parallel strings across. I mount the frame in an open arm of the press. Then I do a test print of the fix, lower the string frame, and tape a piece of cardboard onto the strings so that the top edge is exactly where I want to position the existing print on the shirt. Now when I load each shirt I can lower the string frame and use it as a guide to maneuver the shirt into the exact position.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »
Lasers are perfect for this type of fix, just saying.