Author Topic: Which photopolymer?  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Maff

• !!!
Re: Which photopolymer?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »
We recently started testing Chomaline's ChromaTech WR water resistant photopolymer emulsion. So far it is working well. It held up fine on a recent 100 shirt discharge run... but we haven't yet run it on any larger orders than that.  Fine detail edge definition also looks good, but I haven't yet run any halftone orders with it... so we're still waiting to see if we'll be making the full switch from our previous Diazo.
It cost $68 a gallon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:18:19 AM by Maff »

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
My next exposure experiments will be with the new KIWO Polycol Multi-Tex when I visit Pierre at Blue Moon later this month.

Richard or Pierre did you guys get a chance to test the Multi-tex?

We switched to it about about a month ago. We use the blue. I have to say I am impressed with resistance not only to dc/wb but also to press and screen wash. Reclaim is a breeze too...
Dale Hoyal

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
Hello Maxie,

For your fluo, or 300W LED I recommend trying Murakami Photocure BLU, a pure photopolymer.  It is similar to Aquasol HV, just a bit lower viscosity and slightly more sensitive to low wattage systems.  You can add diazo for water resistancy, Murakami MS-hardener,  for discharge.  Fast exposures, no pinholes with proper degreasing, very easy to use, good resolution of details.  Spot color to complex sim process.

Al
Murakami
323.980.0662 office
323.697.4334 cell
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com