Author Topic: Old Panel Frames?  (Read 1893 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Old Panel Frames?
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:01 AM »
Hey who still make the panels for the old Panel frames that were hot a few years back, I got lucky and bought some extra panels back then but busted the last one putting a screen in the rack, so I'd like to replace them all with smart mesh panels ....which is only six frames 20 x 24

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Old Panel Frames?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:30:23 AM »
The smart mesh is the deal killer. That's a proprietary material from Murakami.

The panels with regular Sefar mesh are available from Nazdar, and the panels from the system that Dynamic Screen Supply sell are interchangable, I believe.

Now, Homer made his own panels, so, perhaps you can too, and have your smart mesh cake and eat it too! (The reference to both Homer and Cake almost begs a link to Short Skirt and Long Jacket)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
haha nice. Yeah D, you can make your own S mesh panels. I'd make them for you if I had the time. I have a stack of the 20x24 panel frames if you want those!? I have a bunch of my home made S mesh panels still in production. we are slowly moving back to static S mesh frames as those have just been outstanding for us. no moving parts and open areas for contamination like the panelframes and all the other gizmos have.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »
Frog don't get Homer started this morning LOL, but yep I remember him posting about making his own panels, thanks for the info

Thanks Jay for the offer, put the six frames I have is all I want of those LOL, I'm also going to start replacing my old frames little by little with the static s-mesh frames.

D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:50:11 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
Hey Homer,

My offer still stands to take a look at that jiggy thing that you made up to see if we could adapt our way of making panels to it and actually make them in a timely fashion. If you want, shoot me over a few photos and we can see what we can do!
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »
(The reference to both Homer and Cake almost begs a link to Short Skirt and Long Jacket)

Just finished a couple thousand pieces for them. Didn't know you were a fan Andy, I'll ask if we can
get a shirt for ya.

Offline Northland

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 07:18:55 PM »
(The reference to both Homer and Cake almost begs a link to Short Skirt and Long Jacket)
I'd call.... but you're "never there"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peU2rztucGk
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:21:55 PM by Northland »

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:49 PM »

Just finished a couple thousand pieces for them. Didn't know you were a fan Andy, I'll ask if we can
get a shirt for ya.

well hell yes! The number of shirts I have gotten over the years (compared to the number that folks tell me they have coming my way) is quite disturbing. (I'm a greedy little frog)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »
Hey Homer,

My offer still stands to take a look at that jiggy thing that you made up to see if we could adapt our way of making panels to it and actually make them in a timely fashion. If you want, shoot me over a few photos and we can see what we can do!

that would be awesome, I would buy a ton of them..... not really mush to showcase though, my "jig" basically consists of a measuring tape. I take a measurement length x width of a ready made panel, then add on enough material to double roll the locking strip. CUt the material to that measurement, put some double stick tape on one side of the locking strip. Line it up to the center of the mesh, roll it 2x...do the same all around and that's it! lock it into place....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...