Author Topic: OH yeah the semi full of Blue showed up today wooooooooop!!  (Read 3934 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: OH yeah the semi full of Blue showed up today wooooooooop!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »
i hired a rigging company to move our embroidery machine.  $800 to deliver, drop and put it in the building...we don't have a dock.
Yea we don't do light weight goods very well. If by the pound we are the cheapest equipment out there! LOL! I could see the front of the truck rising!
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »
i hired a rigging company to move our embroidery machine.  $800 to deliver, drop and put it in the building...we don't have a dock.
Yea we don't do light weight goods very well. If by the pound we are the cheapest equipment out there! LOL! I could see the front of the truck rising!

Rich, we here are THANKFUL you guys do NOT make light weight stuff. You do remember that story I told you when you were here right? lol. I know for a fact, most other presses would have been down for the count from that goof move that I pulled there. Not the DB, that steel is 100% true hahaha :o ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »

Rich, we here are THANKFUL you guys do NOT make light weight stuff. You do remember that story I told you when you were here right? lol. I know for a fact, most other presses would have been down for the count from that goof move that I pulled there. Not the DB, that steel is 100% true hahaha :o ;D

I'll just bump this story time...this has to be good.

that's one hellofa truck load. G3 sounds awesome!...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Yeah- more picts!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 03:21:53 PM »
I'll put some more pics up when we get the crates broke down. Right now we are so busy, and waiting on the power to get done. We are having to have our service upgraded from single to 400 amp 3phase so I think we should keep it all wrapped up and protected until the electrical contractor is done. I just got 2 big 48" wall mount exhaust fans in today too to add to the "one" we have now lol. This heat has been bad, these two add in fans should move a ton more air through the shop. If I owned the building I would have had them put in the roof but the landlord wants zero roof penetrations. I have a feeling with the mechanical guy comes Monday to cut the walls and install these he's going to make a mess too, so another reason to keep all the crates bagged up for now.

Homer the "story". Well as embarrassing as it is to tell, nobody is perfect especially myself. I was having one of those days, tons of production to do, lot's of multi color set ups. A couple new people being trained so a million questions and talking come at me, phone, deliveries all stacked so my head was somewhere other than focused. Did I mention I'm seriously adhd. I had pulled a screen out, slipped in the next screen using the same squeegee floodbar set up, set the screen with the ink across two pallets in the load area. Got called away for some reason, had someone yappin at me and walked over to the other side of the press to pop in another screen, forgot I had the newman frame back there, an M3UL still straddling. Freewheeled over to triclok the other screen in and thats when now there is a newman frame jammed in head 1 between the pallet and the frame holders of the press. When hearing the loud noise and trying to table down the press, the newman frame actually held the tables in the up position with no way to get it down now. Screen holders were bowing up a little big from the newman crammed up on another newman and the holders. Well the only thing we could do was yank on the crammed frame and kaaaaaablaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm. It all came crashing down, my heart came out of my eye socket and everyone about crapped themselves. Now to say M&R builds heavy duty gear to is to just understate. The newmans were fine, still square, no rip, "I have no idea how that happened", and the frame holders unbowed on their own. I put a level on them they were true, got under the press and made sure the crash didn't break or crack anything. Not a dent or chip or nothing. This happened a few years ago, press still runs like new, never a reg issue or nothing. I know for a fact looking at how other companies make their frame holders that several other brands would have broke. Hopefully nobody pulls a bone head move like this, but things happen and that put the quality of M&R's engineering and steel to the test lol. I told this to Rich a couple months ago, and I  never imagined I'd ever see him laugh at something so hard. I think he got a little satisfaction out of also knowing that their lowest end press is still built like a tank and truly field tested lol.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:43 PM »
I'm sure if I thought about it for a few minutes. I could out bonehead you. Many times over.

Really excited for you though. Look forward to seeing it all someday
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
haha nice... ;D

Is that a rotor for a helicopter?! daaangggg....sucker's huge!

Dave...I'll take you up on your offer of bonehead stories over beers someday....

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »
I can understand the zero roof penetrations thing...I am constantly chasing leaks in ours.  Had it sealed several times, blah blah blah.  They are good for a couple years and then they are right back again...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »
haha nice... ;D

Is that a rotor for a helicopter?! daaangggg....sucker's huge!

Dave...I'll take you up on your offer of bonehead stories over beers someday....

48" blades on those bad boys. 30,000 cfm each. They should pull that heat outta here.

You know I think they are worried with roof fants vibrating too much since the entire roof deck is steel and it's usually the screw heads that leak. I guess the added vibration can cause more premature leaks. Don't need that on our new gear for sure.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »
Poke poke...wish there was a poke button on here. Pics! Updates?
I spend too much money on equipment...