Author Topic: coreldraw x5 : underbase stroke with images on top of design  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

I have 2 color design going on a black shirt...and I need to put a stroke on only SOME areas of the underbase.....which i can do...BUT...when the other images of the underbase lay on top of the areas i apply a stroke to it creates a break in the stroked image....and now i need the areas with the breaks to have the stroke.

i attached a pdf of the underbase..the fingernail and the lips are going to be red..going on a black shirt.

i put the stroke in green around the lip area and fingernail area to show the 1 point stroke..this is where i need the stroke to be all around the exposed area of the lips...you can see if you expand the image that when the finger is laid over the lips the side of the lips that outline the finger, there is no stroke...how do i get a stroke on the lips in that area?

ALSO...............

It is a 1 point stroke...is that enough?..should i go 2 points?
Mark

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Re: coreldraw x5 : underbase stroke with images on top of design
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
i got it....i had to make outline an "object" (Arrange/Convert Outline to Object)....i also then "welded" (Arrange/Shaping/Weld) the outline to the text, though i do not think this weld part is mandatory.

Anyway...i made outline an object then did the "Trim" command and it gave the stroke around the texts that merge into the oval area.

Mark