Author Topic: What are you guys paying to ship?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline XG Print

What are you guys paying to ship?
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »
Hey!  Just trying to figure out the best method....We are getting more and more jobs that need to be shipped.  What are most of you paying to ship say a standard size Gildan T-shirt box with 72 shirts like it comes from the factory?  Interested in Ground shipping prices.  Also we are getting more and more small orders in the 5-10 shirt range using dye-sub.  What would be the best and cheapest Ground shipping method with those.  Thanks for the help

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What are you guys paying to ship?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »
just shipped one via fedex ground IL to Atlanta $17 and change.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:09:56 AM »
i'd imagine for the smaller orders you can just ship USPS if you are in the states.

For our normal orders we ship via Fedex, so do others, but alot of other shops ship with UPS as well.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »
Around $15-30 based on location.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ITL7

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
UPS and Fed Ex are about the same price.  It just depends on what area you are in.  Where I'm at, UPS has much better service.  Fed Ex sucks where I'm at but I have customers that prefer Fed Ex because UPS sucks in their area.

The USPS is trying to get more of that market and have some good prices.  For us, UPS is the most convenient option.  They may be a little more expensive but they are fast and pick up close to the same time at the end of everyday. 

Make sure you talk to the sales reps for UPS and Fed Ex and let them know your shipping habits to get the best price.  The more you ship, the better discount you get on all shipments.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
joining SGIA will get you a significant discount on shipping if you don't have the volume on your own.

We are spending about $200 per day on shipping and are getting pretty good rates. We can ship 36 shirts locally for under $7. several states over is probably $14-$16 range for a box of 72. I think we are at $17 for shipping to FL from OH.

FedEx is a day faster to many locations, Cleveland to Chicago is one day with FedEx and two days with UPS. On the other hand, Fedex only picks up ground and you need to call in the Air shipments if they are not frequent.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »
At first I got my discount Fedex rates by telling the Fedex sales folks I was going to join an organization to get discounted UPS rates...I now use a broker (in Canada) for even higher discounts for a handful of couriers....Lots of affinity programs out there...you just need to find one with a low membership fee....

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
joining SGIA will get you a significant discount on shipping if you don't have the volume on your own.

We are spending about $200 per day on shipping and are getting pretty good rates. We can ship 36 shirts locally for under $7. several states over is probably $14-$16 range for a box of 72. I think we are at $17 for shipping to FL from OH.

FedEx is a day faster to many locations, Cleveland to Chicago is one day with FedEx and two days with UPS. On the other hand, Fedex only picks up ground and you need to call in the Air shipments if they are not frequent.

pierre

I'm pretty sure this is how we got hooked up with our fedex pricing, but is there a way to make sure that we are still getting the SGIA discount?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »

pierre

I'm pretty sure this is how we got hooked up with our fedex pricing, but is there a way to make sure that we are still getting the SGIA discount?

It should show up when you do a quote.....Both the retail rate and discount rate should show up....

Offline Croft

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »
We have a shipping broker site up here ,FLAGSHIP.com   I'm sure you must have something similar

You enter Box size, weight and qty , and they come back to you with there discounted rates from fedex ground/ air , UPS, and purolator

Usually costs me about $15.00 for a case of tees anywhere in province, and just shipped 3 cases to BC across the country for $45

It works out to be about 50-70 % off my prices with UPS , I'm just a small shipper maybe 1-2 boxes a day

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
We have a shipping broker site up here ,FLAGSHIP.com   I'm sure you must have something similar

You enter Box size, weight and qty , and they come back to you with there discounted rates from fedex ground/ air , UPS, and purolator

Usually costs me about $15.00 for a case of tees anywhere in province, and just shipped 3 cases to BC across the country for $45

It works out to be about 50-70 % off my prices with UPS , I'm just a small shipper maybe 1-2 boxes a day

I also use Flagship but check Fedex and Canada Post direct......Sometimes my Flagship rate is lowest and sometimes Fedex or Canada Post is the lowest...No rhyme or reason....Sometimes if you increase the weight 1 pound the total cost goes down...There is also www.shiptime.com  And I joined www.ssfpa.net as a "Supporter" to get my best Canada Post rates....