Author Topic: top ink purchaesed  (Read 6381 times)

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: top ink purchaesed
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:58 AM »
I don't like buying in 5 gal.  No matter how good we stir and mix it up, by the time we get down to the last gallon, the ink is junk and I don't like dealing with it.  I buy gallons and the ink remains consistent and there are never any surprises.

we had that happen with our last batch of quick white, got to the bottom and it was a nightmare....we solved the issue now, but I know what you mean..
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »
Homer I really like the buffalo white you sent me, but I went back to WM bright white and ultimate white, I will be getting some buff white in a few weeks to have in stock.  Sometimes the cheap can cost ya if you know what I mean, and dam I hate being such a cheap ass.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »
white

white

red

highlite white

similar to Homer . . .

everyday white
mixing white
black
mixing yellow ('seems like it is in every color we mix, just think about it, any green, gold and shades of red have it.)

Do you mix all your standard colors? I was thinking about doing that since I like the way the inks I mix print much better than the stock colors. I use pixopake from union.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
what are top 4 colors of ink do you use/buy

S9027 WILFLEX SOLAR WHITE - 60-90g a month
GNS10540 Genesis base - 50-60g per month
10110 PC EXTRA WHITE - 4g used per month
10870 PC BRIGHT YELLOW - 1 1/2 gallons used per month

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:54 AM »

I read your post as Grams...it was funny. Thats alot of ink.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 06:03:44 AM »
white

white

red

highlite white

similar to Homer . . .

everyday white
mixing white
black
mixing yellow ('seems like it is in every color we mix, just think about it, any green, gold and shades of red have it.)

Do you mix all your standard colors? I was thinking about doing that since I like the way the inks I mix print much better than the stock colors. I use pixopake from union.

mixopaque is really a pretty poor system. The colors it produces just lack life in my experience. They are also too thick for everyday printing, especially on the auto. Get some ultrasoft for your everyday colors! We are using Unimatch (also Union) for mixing, they are even softer than the ultrasoft, but the coverage is a little too thin for some colors. I'll have to adress that in the near future and look into a different mixing system.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
1. White
2 .Navy
3. Red
4. Black

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »
i purchase  white, black, yellow-gold, in the gallons, everything else i only buy in the quart size.  i don't go through all that much ink. but i must say that every month is getting better.  when i first purchased the business off my brother a gallon of white would last all year now im at least using 2 gallons a year.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
White
Black
Red
Yellow
Navy

You can see how the guys with manuals have just one white mentioned, auto guys have 3 ;)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
white

white

red

highlite white

similar to Homer . . .

everyday white
mixing white
black

mixopaque is really a pretty poor system. The colors it produces just lack life in my experience. They are also too thick for everyday printing, especially on the auto. Get some ultrasoft for your everyday colors! We are using Unimatch (also Union) for mixing, they are even softer than the ultrasoft, but the coverage is a little too thin for some colors. I'll have to adress that in the near future and look into a different mixing system.

pierre

Pierre,

I use the mixopake system it is for mixing MaxoPake inks. I mix the colors at about 25% of a quart then add about 50% soft hand base to it. Then it is basicly a Ultrasoft ink ( a little reducer sometimes). If you read in the Union book they suggest adding 25% to 50% softhand base to MaxoPake inks to make Ultrasoft inks. I have never had a problem matching Pantones with this system. I really like the way the inks come out.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »

What is the Genesis base?

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:37:08 AM »
GNS10540 Genesis base is used in the wilflex pigment concentrate mixing system. 

we dont keep a log of what mixed inks are made throughout the day, so its hard to say which colors or pantone inks are used most often.