Author Topic: Just got some Ink in from Joe at synergy Inks.  (Read 7081 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Just got some Ink in from Joe at synergy Inks.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
Wow I'm hearing so many good things about this ink I'm gonna have to give Joe a call and order a gal to see what the fuss is all about.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
I just did :D
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 04:26:06 PM »
We've ordered in around 50 gallons or so that we have been using. We are using ryonet/icc pigment dispersions with joes base for our pms colors.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »
Danny:

Is that the International Coatings C3/Equalizer like system?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
Danny:

Is that the International Coatings C3/Equalizer like system?

I'll have to look but these are true pigments that are not balanced. The pigments are pvc and phalate free...... It's a lot like a waterbase system.... Pigments are super concentrated

Danny Gruninger

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »
Are these inks suitable for manual printing also? Or only high speed auto's?

How about using them over a discharge base?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »

I printed a small job on the manual yesterday with Synergy (Joe's ink). It printed very nicely. It cleared very easily with minimal pressure. It also flashed quickly with no after flash tack which is an advantage you could possibly benefit from on a manual.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »
PVC and Phthalate free?

Do you have a link to original manufacturer?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
PVC and Phthalate free?

Do you have a link to original manufacturer?

here's what we are using..... might not be pvc free, just what I was told

http://www.iccink.com/pdfs/UltraMix%20PIGMENT%20DISPERSION%20COLOR%20SYSTEM.pdf

Danny Gruninger

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »
Ok:

International Coatings.

NOT PVC Free.  Good stuff.

Is any one using his base along with Rutlands C3 system?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:21 AM »
Which product can be used on rfu inks to make them less tacky after flashing? Magic or the base? Just wondering cause I'm running into situations where I have to flash and print right after the flash, wondering if one of these would help that.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 01:02:35 AM »
After flash tack is caused by a number of possibilities.

Pigment properties - Yellows and reds are very tacky.
Ink chemistry - certain components are just VERY sticky.
The ink still being very hot from the flash.

Since I don't know what ink brand/color you are using I would first suggest making sure you are:

1) Using a fast flashing ink brand.
2) Make sure you are laying down as thin a deposit as possible (while maintaining the color shade you want) - this will allow you to flash faster.
3) Use higher tension screens - this will allow the screen to "peel" off of the just flashed ink faster and easier than lower tension screens.
4) If possible lighten you squeegee pressure.  Higher pressure creates a stronger contact with the tacky ink, allowing the screen to grip harder.

There are other possibilities and solutions, but this will get you started.

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 10:13:57 PM »
In response to your question Maff:

As a starting point; 150 - 200 mesh for NexGen Cotton over discharge base (preferred) or discharge white (may not be necessary with high opacity NexGen Cotton). If the discharge contains excessive pigment or it's deposit is unusually thick, the NexGen surface may adopt the roughness.Results are great with minimum discharge deposit and pigment volume.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:21:54 PM by Joe Clarke »
Joe Clarke
CPR
Home of Smilin'Jack & Synergy Inks
joeclarke@cprknowsjack.com

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 10:37:10 PM »
Which product can be used on rfu inks to make them less tacky after flashing? Magic or the base? Just wondering cause I'm running into situations where I have to flash and print right after the flash, wondering if one of these would help that.

MAGIC is the best choice to compensate for hot-tack. If you will PM me I can send guidelines on adding MAGIC for a variety of specific printing problems. Meanwhile MAGIC is a finished ink, it flashes and cures easily and has excellent durability. Adding ex 5% won't make much of a change. 15% will have a significant impact. Over 35% is likely to cause a color shift specific to the color.

Please consider adding 15% to the flashed color AND 15% to the subsequent color. For the flashed color MAGIC will reduce hot-tack. For the over print color MAGIC will allow; 1) less blade angle 2) less blade pressure 3) higher blade speed, all of which will reduce sticking.
Joe Clarke
CPR

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Joe was just here and after we made one change on the press we are 100% on board with his ink. I think before the changes his stuff was twice as good as anything around, and after the adjustment it doubled up again.
We had the press flooding and stroking at 100% speed (pretty scary seeing the things move so fast!) and everything was printing and flooding better than any other ink I've seen, that's at 2 times the speed we normally print! 

pierre

since ppl are asking behind the scenes for a clarification, the change was a physical piece of equipment, not a press adjustment! Joe asked we keep it under wraps for now so I can't share more, sorry. . .

pierre

Thanks Pierre & Anthony!

We are in "Alpha" testing right now on a revolutionary flood-bar. ["Alpha" is where we find our where it works, "Beta" is the next phase and that's where we find out where it fails]. So it will be some undefined time--that seems to be how inventing works but I think this one will be worth the wait. I will gladly post more on TSB as soon as I am certain of the facts.

JC
Joe Clarke
CPR